Red Cross says War Games should be bound by the Geneva convention

Started by jimmy olsen, December 07, 2011, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Just out of curiosity, how would they enforce GC rules in combat games?  Invulnerable NPCs?  Court martial cutscenes after completing levels?    A mock military tribunal to drop the banhammer on "convicted" violators? :hmm:

I, for one, would love to see an interstitial maze entitled "Escape from Leavenworth" added to America's Army. :P
Experience bij!

dps

Quote from: DontSayBanana on December 11, 2011, 10:56:22 PM
Just out of curiosity, how would they enforce GC rules in combat games? 

Haul gamers before a war crimes tribunal.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on December 10, 2011, 07:09:22 PM
Now I have an image of the ore trucks from Command & Conquer scooping up people and taking them back to the refinery.  It's pretty great.

The game was "Universe at War".  It wasn't very good, though.  One of the factions had these tripod harvesters where they zap up civilians, cows, houses, etc 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: dps on December 12, 2011, 02:53:47 PM

A virtual war crimes tribunal would seem appropriate  :hmm:

One can imagine a game where the protagonist gets back from a mission and finds himself in a shitstorm for being a war criminal. Imagine a hotbar full of legal and rhetorical skills that you press as the court martial proceeds  :cool:

11B4V

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 12, 2011, 05:56:50 PM
Quote from: dps on December 12, 2011, 02:53:47 PM

Imagine a hotbar full of legal and rhetorical skills that you press as the court martial proceeds  :cool:

The skill "Lying" would cover it all.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".