News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Trying to ignite a new exodus

Started by Jaron, December 06, 2011, 08:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Hello all,

I am trying to bring in some fresh blood to the site via FB and recruiting some of my new Mormon friends.

Please be nice to them in the way only you of Languish know how. *cough cough*

Thanks,

J.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Admiral Yi

Darth Wagtaros

Quiet you.  Someone had to bring new people here.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Will they merge with lettow so that their progeny can liberate the south from space?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Tell them to make sure they don't have russian or chinese IPs.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on December 06, 2011, 08:49:34 PM
Quiet you.  Someone had to bring new people here.

No one here is more welcoming of newbs than I am.  Ask anyone.  I'm merely predicting that any Mormons will catch a ton of grief.

BTW Jaronimo, you ever going to fill us in on the new doings in your life?

Ed Anger

BYU football sucks*.

*Exception: JIM MCMAHON

Razgovory

Jaron is either trolling us or a sadist.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Sure.

I got frustrated with my lack of opportunity in California, so I moved away in April of this year.

I moved to Provo, Utah. I've made a ton of friends and worked my way up to middle management in a Provo based software company. I've fended off several attempts to convert me to the LDS church, but all in all its been a good experience. I've gotten to experience a lot of things I've wanted to try for a long time: Living on my own, snow, trying my luck in a new city. I've met some interesting people out here, and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I am still not making as much money as I'd like to be but what I earn goes a lot farther in Utah than it did in California.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with myself right now.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 09:17:28 PM
Sure.

I got frustrated with my lack of opportunity in California, so I moved away in April of this year.

I moved to Provo, Utah. I've made a ton of friends and worked my way up to middle management in a Provo based software company. I've fended off several attempts to convert me to the LDS church, but all in all its been a good experience. I've gotten to experience a lot of things I've wanted to try for a long time: Living on my own, snow, trying my luck in a new city. I've met some interesting people out here, and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I am still not making as much money as I'd like to be but what I earn goes a lot farther in Utah than it did in California.

:)

mongers

Sure.

Congrats Jaron. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Monoriu

I for one welcome this initiative.  I pray that the new guys, if any decide to check this place out, will co-exist peacefully with the rest of us  :ph34r:

CountDeMoney

and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I'm sure it is.  Just ask any black person.