Trying to ignite a new exodus

Started by Jaron, December 06, 2011, 08:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Jaron

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 07, 2011, 02:31:28 AM
You got a BA, right?

Join the Languish English-Teaching Asian Brigade.

I could look into that next year. I am in a similar boat as Tim - I have a BA in History and a CA teaching credential but couldn't find work.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 09:17:28 PM
Sure.

I got frustrated with my lack of opportunity in California, so I moved away in April of this year.

I moved to Provo, Utah. I've made a ton of friends and worked my way up to middle management in a Provo based software company. I've fended off several attempts to convert me to the LDS church, but all in all its been a good experience. I've gotten to experience a lot of things I've wanted to try for a long time: Living on my own, snow, trying my luck in a new city. I've met some interesting people out here, and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I am still not making as much money as I'd like to be but what I earn goes a lot farther in Utah than it did in California.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with myself right now.
is she hott.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 07, 2011, 08:13:15 AM
A Facebook breakup?

His Facebook status went from "in a relationship" to "single". I have not verified if that situation also happened in real life so therefore, it's a facebook breakup.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Martinus

Eddie Teach

Probably setting the stage for a sock puppet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HVC

Got a new job, pretended to convert, moved to a new state, AND still couldn't get laid? :console: :P

In all seriousness, glad things are moving along for ya Jaron :)
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Maybe the mormons will overwhelm the forum and this will become a mormon forum. It will confuse Rocky Horror and Hamilcar if they stop by again someday.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 07, 2011, 09:38:08 AM
Probably setting the stage for a sock puppet.

I have to admit that was my first thought. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Is exodus the appropriate word to describe what Jaron is hoping to encourage? :nerd: