And we're back!

Main Menu

Trying to ignite a new exodus

Started by Jaron, December 06, 2011, 08:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 11:05:47 PM
Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 09:17:28 PM
and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I'm sure it is.  Just ask any black person.

What's it like, negro?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 11:07:37 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on December 06, 2011, 11:05:47 PM
and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I'm sure it is.  Just ask any black person.

What's it like, negro?

The burden is burdensome.

Jaron

Everyone here assumes I'm a native american. Its kinda fun to be in a racist state when all the stuff thrown your way doesn't really apply. :P

CountDeMoney

Don't worry, they're try to send your Mexican ass back to Africa soon enough.

Jaron

Mormon girls won't touch anyone who hasn't gone on a mission, so that might just work to my benefit. :P

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 11:40:54 PM
Mormon girls won't touch anyone who hasn't gone on a mission, so that might just work to my benefit. :P

Dude, so hit the "I did my missionary work in Bakersfield" angle.  I mean, that's like going to help lepers in Calcutta.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 11:35:47 PM
Everyone here assumes I'm a native american. Its kinda fun to be in a racist state when all the stuff thrown your way doesn't really apply. :P

You kinda are.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

True, but not in the sense they think. I don't have any tribal affiliation or knowledge of native customs/foods.

Someone brought me chia seeds today and once when someone made me mad and I sorta sulked off they referred to the aisle I stomped down as the "Trail of Tears" for an entire week. <_<

sbr

Quote from: Jaron on December 06, 2011, 11:46:59 PM
Someone brought me chia seeds today and once when someone made me mad and I sorta sulked off they referred to the aisle I stomped down as the "Trail of Tears" for an entire week. <_<

:D

Glad to hear things are going well.

Jacob

True, but not in the sense they think. I don't have any tribal affiliation or knowledge of native customs/foods.

:lol:

Barrister

Sure.

I got frustrated with my lack of opportunity in California, so I moved away in April of this year.

I moved to Provo, Utah. I've made a ton of friends and worked my way up to middle management in a Provo based software company. I've fended off several attempts to convert me to the LDS church, but all in all its been a good experience. I've gotten to experience a lot of things I've wanted to try for a long time: Living on my own, snow, trying my luck in a new city. I've met some interesting people out here, and its nice to stand out in some way being from out of state and so different than so many people here. I find they're a breath of fresh air to me and I to them.

I am still not making as much money as I'd like to be but what I earn goes a lot farther in Utah than it did in California.

All in all, I'm pretty happy with myself right now.

There's a lot to be said for heading off on one's own to a new state/province/territory.   :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

We need to start a pool to guess how long it will take before Jaron has to move to another state.

I say 8 months.

Jaron

My lease is up at the end of July - at that point I'll have to consider what I want to do.

jimmy olsen

Read up on Aztec customs and then really play it up in conversation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

You got a BA, right?

Join the Languish English-Teaching Asian Brigade.