My reading list for new employees:

Gor
101 sex positions
John Birch society pamphlets
Xerox copies of my hairy ass
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

No John Ringo novels?  :mad:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

Quote from: Habbaku on December 04, 2011, 09:12:09 PM
No John Ringo novels?  :mad:

Tom Kratman is reserved for HR positions.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 04, 2011, 09:09:37 PM

Dude, it's all scanned .pdfs now.  Use page 2 for your ball sack.

Eddie Teach

Gor
101 sex positions

So basically all of it is stuff coming from someone's ass.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Viking

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 04, 2011, 10:55:24 PM

Gor
101 sex positions

So basically all of it is stuff coming from someone's ass.

Santorum? Wrong thread.....
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

alfred russel

Gor
101 sex positions

Sounds like you just copied Cain's list.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Sheilbh

Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2011, 01:02:28 PMI know.  This election's brought out a side to Sheilbh I didn't know he had.

LOL IT'S FUN WATCHING YOUR COUNTRY DESTROY ITSELF.
:lol:  I've always liked charming fringe-ish candidates and I generally think elections should be fun - this one hasn't delivered.  Sarah Palin would deliver.

Anyway I think the Republicans should convince Huckabee to run and nominate him by acclamation.  Failing that, Huntsman.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

It's been pretty weird this year.  Seeing Rick Perry stoned was pretty out there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2011, 04:13:21 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 04, 2011, 01:02:28 PMI know.  This election's brought out a side to Sheilbh I didn't know he had.

:lol:  I've always liked charming fringe-ish candidates and I generally think elections should be fun - this one hasn't delivered.  Sarah Palin would deliver.

Anyway I think the Republicans should convince Huckabee to run and nominate him by acclamation.  Failing that, Huntsman.

While they often devolve - I don't think an election cycle is ideally a circus.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: alfred russel on December 04, 2011, 02:31:05 PM
Does anyone remember when Gingrich was speaker and when they were going on some break he gave the House members a list of books for a reading assignment? What an ass.
David Cameron's done that every year he's been Tory leader.  I think Ed Miliband's copying now.  I think most of the choices are the latest trendy popular science/social research-y books.
Let's bomb Russia!

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2011, 04:50:35 PM
Does anyone remember when Gingrich was speaker and when they were going on some break he gave the House members a list of books for a reading assignment? What an ass.
David Cameron's done that every year he's been Tory leader.  I think Ed Miliband's copying now.  I think most of the choices are the latest trendy popular science/social research-y books.

It's a dickish thing to do. These are the peoples' representatives, not a freshman English Lit class.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2011, 04:13:21 AM

Well, to be candid, I would prefer that the Republicans nominate a completely unelectable moron, so in such wise, I approve.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Viking

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 05, 2011, 05:03:17 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 05, 2011, 04:50:35 PM

It's a dickish thing to do. These are the peoples' representatives, not a freshman English Lit class.

If you keep them reading sensiblel stuff and quiz them on the contents after they return then they are less likely to listen to Bachman and other sources of Batshit.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ideologue

That assumes literacy.  Not likely to succeed.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)