Who will be the Republican Nominee For President?

Started by jimmy olsen, November 29, 2011, 12:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the GOP nomination?

Romney
31 (68.9%)
Gingrich
5 (11.1%)
Cain
4 (8.9%)
Perry
0 (0%)
Other
5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

jimmy olsen

It seems like the field has finally settled on Gingrich as the Anti-Mitt. So who will win?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

Gingrich would make for a more interesting election. I think Romney will get it though.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Viking

Gingerich is up in Iowa and South Carolina, Romney is up in New Hampshire. So, I think they will be the ones to duke it out.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Romney gives off the Giuliani vibe from 2008.  It seems like he's the front-runner, but his support is limited and has the legs made of clay.  It's hard to tell whether Republican voters will finally decide to settle on him.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

May end up coming down to the beer test between Romney and Gingrich.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Richard Hakluyt

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on November 29, 2011, 12:48:33 PM
Romney gives off the Giuliani vibe from 2008.  It seems like he's the front-runner, but his support is limited and has the legs made of clay.  It's hard to tell whether Republican voters will finally decide to settle on him.

Hey, that was my idea!

I think he wins though because there isn't a McCain, or even Huckabee, in the field.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

fhdz

Romney, I think. Gingrich has too many skeletons in the closet.
and the horse you rode in on

frunk

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

grumbler

Gingrich is the anti-Mitt of the week.  I still think that Cain will be the last one standing before the Romney victory.

I'd rather see it be Newt, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!