Who will be the Republican Nominee For President?

Started by jimmy olsen, November 29, 2011, 12:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win the GOP nomination?

Romney
31 (68.9%)
Gingrich
5 (11.1%)
Cain
4 (8.9%)
Perry
0 (0%)
Other
5 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on December 02, 2011, 10:56:39 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 02, 2011, 10:45:36 AM
What's the Huntsman love based on?  All I know about the guys is a) he's Mormon, b) he was the ambassador to China, and c) he supported ObamaPelosiReidStimulus.
He's a Republican governor who had strong support from Democrats in his state, so presumably he isn't an extremist partisan.  He also recognizes the advances of science achieved after 1350, and is willing to state that recognition openly in Republican debates.

:wub:
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PJL

Quote from: The Brain on December 03, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
Voted Cain.

So basically Generic Republican Candidate rather than the ones actually in the campaign.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Martinus

Romney will get the nomination and lose. He is a Republican Kerry.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

fhdz

Quote from: Ideologue on December 05, 2011, 06:13:28 PM
That's why I put ketchup on my Kerry.

He's already got a significant amount of salt-and-pepper.

Waka waka?
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on December 05, 2011, 08:54:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2011, 06:19:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2011, 06:10:46 PM
No one is as bland as Kerry.
Internet Al was infinitely blander than Lurch.
This is true.

He was also right about a great many things in 2000 that nobody wanted to listen to.  Like, I dunno, Wall Street.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 05, 2011, 06:19:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on December 05, 2011, 06:10:46 PM
No one is as bland as Kerry.

Internet Al was infinitely blander than Lurch.

Good thing he wasn't elected.  If Gore won, you'd have much less deficit to bitch about.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017