News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battlefield 3

Started by CountDeMoney, November 22, 2011, 06:59:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Alcibiades on November 29, 2011, 03:09:07 PM

Better than listening to the 12 year olds squealing and screaming faggot every 4 seconds.  It's why i refused to play black ops on my ps3.  All dusty and shit now.

I really wish they didn't have headset for these things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

So I was thinking, OK I'll try Modern Warfare, getting a little burned out on BF3, figured I'd change it up.  Won't even let me get past the intro or title screen.  Press START.  OK, I did.

So, I went back to BF3.  My START button works fine in that game.

CountDeMoney

By the way, Sexboxers, they're pushing out the patch they did already for PS3 soon--

QuoteBalance changes

• Increased the damage of helicopter miniguns, AA guns, and jet cannons against infantry
• Increased the damage of helicopter miniguns against jeeps
• Reduced the physics impact of AA guns and jet cannons so players under attack from these weapons no longer should lose control
• Increased the damage of the 44 Magnum slightly
• Increased the range and minimum damage of the .357 Round from the MP412 Rex
• Increased the range of all .45cal and 9mm weapons
• Slightly increased the range of the P90 and MP7 and PDW-R
• Slightly increased the range of the 5.56mm PDW-R and decreased the minimum damage at long range
• Slightly increased the minimum range of the Mk11, SVD, and M39 EMR 7.62mm rifles
• Decreased the maximum damage and maximum range of the G3 and SCAR-H 7.62mm weapons
• Reduced the damage from FIM-92 and SA-18 IGLA missiles against aircraft
• Increased the damage and range of the 40mm BUCK rounds
• Reduced the damage .50cal weapons do against helicopters
• Updated T90 canister shell tweaks to match Abrams canister shells

What they don't say is how they totally nerfed IR scopes now.  Useless on most maps now, except for maybe Tehran Highway.

Neil

Why nerf the Stinger?  It's already mostly useless, especially against jets.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

People use the Stinger?  :huh:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 05, 2011, 09:01:40 AM
People use the Stinger?  :huh:
Absolutely.  It's important to keep the attack choppers from circle-strafing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

FunkMonk

Gotcha. I'm one of those terrible players who couldn't give a fuck about the air power. I'd much rather spam RPG rounds.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 05, 2011, 06:49:48 PM
Gotcha. I'm one of those terrible players who couldn't give a fuck about the air power. I'd much rather spam RPG rounds.

Stingers and SA-7s load faster than a chopper can reload IR flares, and like Neil said, they're great for chopper hovertards.

Grey Fox

They are getting buffed in tomorrow's PC update too.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 05, 2011, 06:49:48 PM
I think they've made it more difficult to circle strafe, but there were some maps in Bad Company 2 that were unplayable because one side had a chopper, and could just rape the other team out of existence because AA was pretty useless.  As a result, I like to keep an eye on those guys.

CountDeMoney

Finally figured out launching COD, and got it going. 

Oh, dead God.  First map, and I'm playing with a wigger squad from the Jersey Shore.  YO THAT WHACK YO

Neil

Yeah, CoD is really popular with douchebags and retarded children.

FunkMonk

COD is only worthwhile when playing co-op with a friend. My brother and I had a blast with the previous iteration.

CountDeMoney

Doing the download now. Karkand is about a 1385MB download.

CountDeMoney

OK, the Karkand weapons are class achievement unlocks, two for each class.

FAMAS for example, requires easy stuff, like 10/10 Heals and 10/10 Revives.  Next level weapon is tougher.

2nd level Sniper rifle, which IIRC is the L98, requires like 20 Headshots and 20 Spot Assists.  Stuff like that.

FAMAS comes with the x12 ballistic scope  :menace: