Guilty pleasures or conscious immoral decisions you take?

Started by Martinus, November 16, 2011, 04:25:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 01:34:40 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 01:30:12 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 01:27:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 12:02:34 PM
Tim, you remain silent about Marti saying incest is ethical.  Strange given your recent treatment of Yi.

The Yi thing was about an adult having sex with a child. Incest between consenting adults is bad how?

Incest can also be between a parent and their child.

So if something can be done in a questionable manner it is in itself bad?

I assume you mean that the child is a minor.

oh boy

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2011, 01:31:07 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2011, 01:28:50 PM
Most people wouldn't keep cattle if it wasn't profitable. 

Someone should tell that to my brother-in-law. -_-

What does your brother-in-law do with the cows?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 01:38:19 PM
Tim, you remain silent about Marti saying incest is ethical.  Strange given your recent treatment of Yi.

The Yi thing was about an adult having sex with a child. Incest between consenting adults is bad how?

oh boy

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 01:40:14 PM

oh boy

Elaborate.

You mean to suggest that sex between a parent and their child at any age is acceptable?

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 01:40:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 01:40:14 PM

oh boy

Elaborate.

You mean to suggest that sex between a parent and their child at any age is exceptable?

Edit: no, "consenting adults", remember?

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 01:42:20 PM

Yes, so you do seem to be suggesting that it is ok for parents to have sex with their children after the children reach the age of consent.  In jursidictions where age of consent is as low as 14 or 16 do you really so no problem with a father having sex with his 14 or 16 year old daugher?

Ideologue

Laws criminalizing sexual relationships based on one party having a position of authority over the other (such as a WA statute that criminalizes sexual relations between students under 18 and their teachers, superceding the age of consent in such cases) could take care of that, CC.  It's not an all-or-nothing affair.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2011, 01:53:51 PM
Laws criminalizing sexual relationships based on one party having a position of authority over the other (such as a WA statute that criminalizes sexual relations between students under 18 and their teachers, superceding the age of consent in such cases) could take care of that, CC.  It's not an all-or-nothing affair.

That doesnt make incest ethically defensible.  It makes other similar power relationships wrong as well.  What do you mean by not an all or nothing affair?  Of course all exploitive sexual relationships should be criminalized.

The Brain

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 01:51:15 PM

Yes, so you do seem to be suggesting that it is ok for parents to have sex with their children after the children reach the age of consent.  In jursidictions where age of consent is as low as 14 or 16 do you really so no problem with a father having sex with his 14 or 16 year old daugher?

In Sweden the age of consent is 15. A 15 y/o isn't an adult though. I said consenting adults.

Ideologue

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 01:56:36 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on November 17, 2011, 01:53:51 PM

That doesnt make incest ethically defensible.  It makes other similar power relationships wrong as well.  What do you mean by not an all or nothing affair?  Of course all exploitive sexual relationships should be criminalized.

I mean that there are varying degrees of control available between fully criminalizing incestuous relationships and fully permitting them.  It's something to consider, is all.  The normal AoC need not apply.

Fwiw, the potential for exploitation is the strongest argument against incest, so in cases where that element is removed (adults meeting for the first time, cousin relationships), it seriously weakens the case for criminal prosecution or failure to provide a marriage license.  The eugenics aspect is still possibly valid enough to refrain from officially sanctioning such a relationship.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Capetan Mihali

Of course all exploitive sexual relationships should be criminalized.

:lol:  I foresee the criminal population expanding significantly...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 02:00:00 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2011, 01:51:15 PM

In Sweden the age of consent is 15. A 15 y/o isn't an adult though. I said consenting adults.

Ok what is an adult in Sweden 18 - 21. Is it ok for a father to have sex with their 18-21 year old daughter or son?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 17, 2011, 02:21:05 PM

I guess you are one of the feminist theory - all sex is rape types.

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on November 17, 2011, 02:21:05 PM

Are exploitive sexual relationships that common?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."