And we're back!

Main Menu

Would you survive a nuke?

Started by Ed Anger, November 14, 2011, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

http://www.wouldisurviveanuke.com/

Brain, don't beat off to the maps, k?

As for my map, I would survive, but it doesn't take into account base strikes which would happen 15 minutes to the north of me. Wright Patterson, you just had to have the national AF lab and bomber runways, didn't you?
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

The bad news is that I'm dead.  The good news is that Philly, Baltimore, DC, and NYC would all be wiped out under a 5-city attack option.  So would be Boston, but I don't know enough about it to know how to feel about it.

crazy canuck

QuoteYou're dead!
Congratulations! You never saw it coming. Consider yourself lucky that there was no suffering. Not even the cockroaches survived

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on November 14, 2011, 06:13:40 PM
So would be Boston, but I don't know enough about it to know how to feel about it.

Dead southies? The world rejoices.

Warspite

Assuming a Minuteman:

You're alive! ... but not for long.

The heat from the blast has caused head to toe second degree burns.You'll probably die within the coming weeks from radiation sickness.

However, if I'm at work, I'm 20 metres away from the main target. I would die when the missile nose cone hits me on the head.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

crazy canuck

Quote from: Warspite on November 14, 2011, 06:16:56 PM
However, if I'm at work, I'm 20 metres away from the main target. I would die when the missile nose cone hits me on the head.

Just wear a hard hat.

MadBurgerMaker

I'd survive a Minuteman, but anything above that hitting the center of the city and I'm dead from the radiation or burns (not the blast). 

Of course, I would think they would be nuking the air force bases, not the city center, and those are further away, so whatever.   

Ideologue

It says I'm alive if they target all >100,000, but I guess it's census data about Columbia is wrong, because we have significantly more than 100,000 (and lot more if you count West Columbia, which nuclear planners would).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 14, 2011, 06:42:41 PM
I'd hide in a refrigerator.

Now that stupid ass movie flashed in my head.  :mad:

DGuller

I'm really pissed at NYC right now.  Normally, if Jersey City were located all on its own in the middle of nowhere, enemy planners would take one look at it and assume they've already hit it.  However, they're going to hit NYC no matter what, and Jersey City is unfortunately right next to it.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2011, 06:43:49 PM

:hug:

Seriously, I'd have to assume I would get vaporized along with Fort Knox.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on November 14, 2011, 06:47:28 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on November 14, 2011, 06:43:49 PM

:hug:

Seriously, I'd have to assume I would get vaporized along with Fort Knox.

There went the Army's Human Resources.

Jacob

Definitely dead, even under the most limited scenario set up. Apparently they're going to drop the Vancouver bomb pretty close to my house.

Razgovory

They only seem interested in hitting cities.   The big fucking air force base where they keep Stealth bombers is a bit closer, still I wouldn't be killed by anything less then a Dinosaur killing meteor.  When I was a kid they had some of the missile silos only about 15 miles away from my home,  I don't know if those would have been targeted.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017