News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

JFK to have another carrier named after him

Started by jimmy olsen, November 11, 2011, 12:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

USS James K. Polk.

We could use it to beat up on the Mexicans.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Viking

Quote from: Neil on November 11, 2011, 09:37:29 AM
Quote from: Berkut on November 11, 2011, 09:21:10 AM
I don't care about naming them after Presidents, but why name another one after Kennedy?

How about the USS Abraham Lincoln, or USS John Adams or even Thomas Jefferson?
Why have 2 USS Lincolns?

The south might rise again.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Sheilbh

I don't care about naming them after Presidents, but why name another one after Kennedy?
Possibly fiftieth anniversary of his Presidency?

But I agree.  I'd also suggest not naming anything after anyone until they've been dead for at least 100 years.
Let's bomb Russia!

grumbler

How about the USS Abraham Lincoln, or USS John Adams or even Thomas Jefferson?
:lol: USS Abraham Lincoln is CVN-72.

TJ and JA were boomers.  Those names are available now.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Malthus

They could name the naval brothel ship the "USS Clinton".

Don't tell me the navy lacks brothel ships ...  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

grumbler

Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2011, 10:32:25 AM

Don't know whether the RCN has one or not (it is the RCN again, isn't it?).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

It's the RCN, and we name our carriers after...
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on November 11, 2011, 10:35:35 AM
Don't know whether the RCN has one or not (it is the RCN again, isn't it?).

Probably have to make do with the back of a Sea King helicopter. It's always in the shop for repairs, alas.  ;)

What we as a country really lack, is Prime Ministers with truly entertaining sex scandals to name it after ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2011, 10:40:25 AM
What we as a country really lack, is Prime Ministers with truly entertaining sex scandals to name it after ...

Is there anymore dramatic evidence of the cultural difference between French Canadians and the French?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on November 11, 2011, 12:26:31 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 11, 2011, 10:40:25 AM

Is there anymore dramatic evidence of the cultural difference between French Canadians and the French?

I don't thing the French are actually capable of a sex scandal. To be a scandal, someone has to be scandalized.  ;)

Viking

Quote from: Neil on November 11, 2011, 10:38:27 AM
It's the RCN, and we name our carriers after...

Whatever the RN named it after before they decide the ship is obsolete and sell it to the RCN for a pittance?

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

This calls for a seamen/semen joke referring to the phallic shape of the Virignia Class submarine and it's ability to disgorge semen through a hole (torpedo tube) in it's front.

The Brain

Quote from: Viking on November 11, 2011, 12:44:24 PM

This calls for a seamen/semen joke referring to the phallic shape of the Virignia Class submarine and it's ability to disgorge semen through a hole (torpedo tube) in it's front.

Elaborate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.