News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

According to another GA, named Peck, who was just on CNN, JoPa and Sandusky always had a bad relationship.  That puts a slightly different flavor on the procedings.

Sheilbh

Not necessarily. Not enough's known but, as with the Church, you could have a feeling of personal disgust, and no time for the individual, while doing everything to 'protect' the institution.

As I say we still don't know enough, but I don't think that personal relations necessarily matter a huge amount.
Let's bomb Russia!

sbr

McQueary didn't report to either University or State College police

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57326259/pa-top-cop-mcqueary-didnt-report-abuse-to-us/

QuotePolice: McQueary didn't report abuse to us

STATE COLLEGE, Pa. - Both Penn State's campus police and the State College police department say they never received reports from a then-Penn State graduate assistant related to an allegation of child sexual abuse against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky.

Mike McQueary wrote in an email to a friend that was made available to The Associated Press that he had discussions with police after he said he witnessed a 10- or 11-year-old boy being raped in the Penn State locker room in 2002. McQueary testified in a grand jury investigation that led to authorities charging Sandusky with abusing eight boys over 15 years.

In the email, McQueary did not specify which police department he spoke to.

But a spokesperson for Penn State's campus police told CBS News that they never received a sex abuse report from McQueary. Separately, State College Police Chief Thomas R. King told CBS News that his department has no record of ever being contacted by McQueary regarding allged sex abuse.

The university also has its own police force. Penn State administrators said they were looking into whether McQueary contacted campus police. A university official also told CBS News Tuesday that, to her knowledge, no police report was filed.

The Nov. 8 email from McQueary to a friend said: "I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police .... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds ... trust me."

McQueary is a former player and current assistant coach who was placed on indefinite paid leave last week after school officials said he had received threats. Emails sent to him seeking comment were not immediately returned.

He told the friend that he felt he was "getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions."

Speaking publicly for the first time Tuesday, McQueary told CBS News chief investigative correspondent Armen Keteyian that his emotions were "all over the place" and he was "just kind of shaken." But he wouldn't comment further on the scandal, saying "the whole process has to play out. I just don't have anything else to say."

McQueary breaks his silence

The grand jury report issued Nov. 5, the day Sandusky was charged with 40 criminal counts for alleged sexual abuse against eight boys over 15 years, goes into considerable detail about the March 2002 incident. McQueary was putting sneakers into his locker late on a Friday night when, the jury said, he saw Sandusky having sex with a young boy.

He left, "distraught," and contacted his father and then head coach Joe Paterno, jurors said. McQueary later met with athletic director Tim Curley and vice president Gary Schultz to describe what he had seen, the grand jury said. Curley and Schultz are charged with not alerting authorities to the report and lying to the grand jury. Paterno lost his job last week, but has not been charged and is not considered a target of investigators, state prosecutors have said.

As a result of the scandal, Curley and Schultz have left their posts, and university president Graham Spanier was also forced out of his job. U.S. Steel said Tuesday Spanier has resigned from its board, where he had been a director since 2008.

On Monday night, Sandusky said in an NBC television interview that he showered with and "horsed around" with boys but was innocent of criminal charges, a statement that has stunned legal observers. Sandusky's comments, they said, could be used by prosecutors trying to convict him of child sex-abuse charges.

The state grand jury investigation that led to Sandusky's arrest followed a trail that goes back at least 13 years, leading to questions from some quarters about whether law enforcement moved too slowly.

The grand jury report detailed a 1998 investigation by Penn State police, begun after an 11-year-old boy's mother complained that Sandusky had showered with her son in the football facilities. Then-District Attorney Ray Gricar declined to file charges.

Another apparent missed opportunity came in the 2002 incident that McQueary reported to Paterno.

Caliga

So either McQueary is a giant dumbass, or we have some dishonest cops up there. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: Caliga on November 16, 2011, 07:11:20 PM
So either McQueary is a giant dumbass, or we have some dishonest cops up there. :)

The options are not mutually exclusive either.

katmai

I hear he is pretty big dumbass
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Rasputin

So either McQueary is a giant dumbass dishonest, or we have some dishonest dumbass cops up there. :) , or both. 

i have fixed your quote for you
Who is John Galt?

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 16, 2011, 06:18:29 PM
Yi, I definitely went over the line earlier in this thread. While what you wrote still disturbs me, I shouldn't have been so rude and I should have given you a chance to explain yourself rather than jump all over you. The piece of shit line was especially gratuitous and uncalled for. I sincerely apologize. -_-

Homo.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Brain on November 17, 2011, 01:12:42 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 16, 2011, 06:18:29 PM
Yi, I definitely went over the line earlier in this thread. While what you wrote still disturbs me, I shouldn't have been so rude and I should have given you a chance to explain yourself rather than jump all over you. The piece of shit line was especially gratuitous and uncalled for. I sincerely apologize. -_-

Homo.

Agreed.  He should now go all Timmay on your ass for thinking parents having sex with their children is ok.

Jacob

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2011, 03:22:20 PM
Apparently an internet message board discussion lead the police to McQueary: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/sports/ncaafootball/internet-posting-helped-sandusky-investigators.html

Woah, imagine what the cops could mine on Languish [/BB]  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2011, 04:49:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on November 17, 2011, 03:22:20 PM
Apparently an internet message board discussion lead the police to McQueary: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/17/sports/ncaafootball/internet-posting-helped-sandusky-investigators.html

Woah, imagine what the cops could mine on Languish [/BB]  :D

If coach K gets any hate mail they might be able to trace a likely suspect.

jimmy olsen

Syracuse Basketball assistant coach accused by two guys (relatives of each other) of molestation.

Boeheim backs his coach to the hilt. He better be right or he might be the next to be shown the door.

Was the Penn st. case the beginning of a cascade of cases that will reveal all of big time college sports as corrupt and riddled with pedophiles as the catholic church!? :blink:

I mean...we all knew they were corrupt monetarily...but this...it's just fucking crazy!
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/18/sports/ncaabasketball/syracuse-assistant-is-accused-of-sexual-abuse.html
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Kleves

The guy says the abuse continued until he was 27, and no one but a family member corroborates the story.  :yeahright:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Sheilbh

My worry wouldn't be that there's loads of paedos in college sports, but if, as seems the case, they'll cover that up there could be other allegations that got ignored or swept away. In particular I'd be worried about allegations of rape possibly not being dealt with properly.
Let's bomb Russia!