And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 04:05:30 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2011, 03:55:31 PM
Are you goddamn retarded? This is without a doubt the worst thing ever said on Languish.

This line of thought is contemptible and I utterly reject it. I've lost all respect for you.

I hope I can find a way to live with it.
Fuck off you piece of shit.
That line of thought is exactly why so many children in the world get abused. Because human filth like you just can't be bothered. It is absolutely unconscionable.

Don't bother responding, you're not worth my time, or anyone else's for that matter.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Tim gets ridiculous. News at 11.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Rasputin

the fact is we all want to believe that we would have been a combination of dudley doo-rights and we all would have done better and more and we would have saved the day

the truth is none of us can say what we would have done in the same time and circumstances

it's easy to be the arm chair hero with nothing to lose by stating what the right thing to do is in a moment of crisis; it's clearly much harder to do the right thing

by any yard stick you'd like to use one week ago everyone (save am scips :rolleyes: ) thought joe pa was an honest morale man who epitomized all that was wholesome in collegiate sports....he walked to and from the ball games, he graduated his players, the only time the ncaa came knocking was because he bought a sports coat for one of his underprivileged players who needed to dress up for an awards banquet, and he gave millions of dollars to charity

we now have reason to believe that in a certain time and place, the best among us failed to do the right thing, and indeed may have rationalized his way into repeatedly doing the wrong thing

if there is a lesson here, it ought to be that you dont know what you wouldve done only what you hope you wouldve done

the one thing ive learned after two decades of dealing with morally bankrupt people is that evil people don't believe their evil because their dogs still love them
Who is John Galt?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 10, 2011, 04:16:33 PM
That line of thought is exactly why so many children in the world get abused. Because human filth like you just can't be bothered. It is absolutely unconscionable.

Don't bother responding, you're not worth my time, or anyone else's for that matter.

Same at ya.

Barrister

Are you goddamn retarded? This is without a doubt the worst thing ever said on Languish.

This line of thought is contemptible and I utterly reject it. I've lost all respect for you.

What. The. Fuck.

If I saw some grown man having anal sex with a ten year old boy in the showers (and a very successful and powerful man at that) I have no idea what I'd do about it the moment it happened.

I know what I'd do eventually (report to police and CFS) but at the very moment?  I hope I'd try and stop it, but I'm not 100% positive I would. :mellow:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Are we sure he actually saw the boy being actively raped in the shower?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: garbon on November 10, 2011, 04:17:15 PM
Tim gets ridiculous. News at 11.
100% serious. I'm very regretful that I've played things up in a hyperbolic fashion before, because it severely lessens impact in the few times I'm serious.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

That's what the report says.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on November 10, 2011, 04:20:21 PM

He appears to have said so in the indictment report and he also claims both Sandusky and the boy saw him.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Rasputin

Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2011, 04:19:38 PM

What. The. Fuck.

If I saw some grown man having anal sex with a ten year old boy in the showers (and a very successful and powerful man at that) I have no idea what I'd do about it the moment it happened.

I know what I'd do eventually (report to police and CFS) but at the very moment?  I hope I'd try and stop it, but I'm not 100% positive I would. :mellow:

exactly; it's easy to be the monday morning quarterback...there are three hundred million in america alone

sunday afternoon quarterbacks on the other hand?  well there are only 32 of those jobs available.
Who is John Galt?

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 10, 2011, 03:42:41 PM
This thread doesnt deserve to be waylaid by such idiocy.  we know what he says he saw and what he says he did because well that is what he said to the Grand Jury.

How do you know everything he said to the grand jury?  I have seen only summaries issued by the DA, and the DA had no reason to report things like
(1) at what point did McQueary actually realize that the victim looked like he was ten years old?
(2) why didn't McQueary go to the police?
(3) what was McQueary told by Curley, Paterno, or anyone else about the status of the investigation or the disposition of the case?

If you claim that "we" know exactly what the answers to these questions are (and surely they are relevant to the damnation of McQueary), then share the answers.  If not, then stop claiming you know exactly what he said.

Reasonable people await facts before accusing people of taking a job i return for silence, or that they should kill themselves, or anything else.  About McQueary and his motives we actually know very little.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Rasputin on November 10, 2011, 04:17:39 PM
the fact is we all want to believe that we would have been a combination of dudley doo-rights and we all would have done better and more and we would have saved the day

the truth is none of us can say what we would have done in the same time and circumstances

it's easy to be the arm chair hero with nothing to lose by stating what the right thing to do is in a moment of crisis; it's clearly much harder to do the right thing

by any yard stick you'd like to use one week ago everyone (save am scips :rolleyes: ) thought joe pa was an honest morale man who epitomized all that was wholesome in collegiate sports....he walked to and from the ball games, he graduated his players, the only time the ncaa came knocking was because he bought a sports coat for one of his underprivileged players who needed to dress up for an awards banquet, and he gave millions of dollars to charity

we now have reason to believe that in a certain time and place, the best among us failed to do the right thing, and indeed may have rationalized his way into repeatedly doing the wrong thing

if there is a lesson here, it ought to be that you dont know what you wouldve done only what you hope you wouldve done

the one thing ive learned after two decades of dealing with morally bankrupt people is that evil people don't believe their evil because their dogs still love them

People are indeed horrible. You coach football extremely succesfully for 61 years, but protect ONE serial pedophile... :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

Quote from: Barrister on November 10, 2011, 04:19:38 PM

What. The. Fuck.

CC and friends hope you will now commit suicide. :P

You are just that contemptible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Brain

I'm not a native speaker but does "walk away" mean "immediately call the cops on your cellphone upon exiting the room"?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Rasputin on November 10, 2011, 03:44:32 PM

i.e., we dont know what mcreary testified to; we know what the grand jury tells us he testified to

We know a little bit about what the gj says he testified about.  The difference between incomplete information and exact knowledge isn't semantics.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!