News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Penn State Goings-On

Started by jimmy olsen, November 06, 2011, 07:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on November 10, 2011, 01:22:05 PM
I can't imagine any of these people walking away feeling very good about themselves, but most especially McQueary. Besides Sandusky and the victim, McQueary is the only other person in this entire story who really knew what happened in that shower and he took a job over protecting that kid.

One would hope that we hear of his suicide soon.

Are you and the rest of the folks condemning McQueary assuming that the kid was screaming for help while being ass fucked?  I'm assuming he wasn't, and I sure don't know what I would do in that situation.  Unless it's clear that the kid is resisting I think the natural tendency is to walk away.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 01:36:59 PMAre you and the rest of the folks condemning McQueary assuming that the kid was screaming for help while being ass fucked?  I'm assuming he wasn't, and I sure don't know what I would do in that situation.  Unless it's clear that the kid is resisting I think the natural tendency is to walk away.
What?  A ten year old boy being raped doesn't need to be screaming for someone to act.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 10, 2011, 01:39:01 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 01:36:59 PMAre you and the rest of the folks condemning McQueary assuming that the kid was screaming for help while being ass fucked?  I'm assuming he wasn't, and I sure don't know what I would do in that situation.  Unless it's clear that the kid is resisting I think the natural tendency is to walk away.
What?  A ten year old boy being raped doesn't need to be screaming for someone to act.

Yeah because even if the kid wanted it - that's not really his decision to make.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

That's easy to say in the abstract.  You see two men having anal sex in the shower.  Are you going to ask them for proof of age? 

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 01:42:21 PM
That's easy to say in the abstract.  You see two men having anal sex in the shower.  Are you going to ask them for proof of age?
My parents live near a primary school, I was staying up there last week.  I'm confident in my ability to distinguish a 10 year old kid from a 'man' having anal sex in the shower. 

McQueary's evidence explicitly describes the kid as appearing to be about 10.  He didn't see two men, he didn't even see a man and an adolescent where it could be difficult to accurately judge the age, he saw a child being raped.
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Scipio on November 10, 2011, 12:34:50 PM
Caveat: I fucking hate PSU.  Always have, always will.  So consider that my disclosure of a conflict of interest.

Any particular reason?  Just the Michigan-PSU rivalry thing?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 01:36:59 PM
Are you and the rest of the folks condemning McQueary assuming that the kid was screaming for help while being ass fucked?  I'm assuming he wasn't, and I sure don't know what I would do in that situation.  Unless it's clear that the kid is resisting I think the natural tendency is to walk away.

:mellow:

A ten-year-old child doesn't have to scream for help. The fact that a 40+ year old is fucking him in the ass is enough of a cry for help, imo. And I'm not saying that I necessarily blame McQueary for not stepping immediately in to stop things (though, like Crazy Canuck, I can't imagine NOT doing so). But at the very least, he should have gone to the authorities - the real ones - and kept going until someone at least looked into the situation. He didn't, and therefore, is culpable.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

There is a huge difference between a 10-year-old boy and a grown man, I assure you. Even between a small man and a big 10-year-old.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

grumbler

Quote from: merithyn on November 10, 2011, 01:22:05 PM
I can't imagine any of these people walking away feeling very good about themselves, but most especially McQueary. Besides Sandusky and the victim, McQueary is the only other person in this entire story who really knew what happened in that shower and he took a job over protecting that kid.

One would hope that we hear of his suicide soon. 

:bleeding:  I don't understand this desire by posters to show their redass by wishing death on others.  Classy stuff.  Not.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

http://www.businessinsider.com/jerry-sandusky-donors-2011-11

Sportswriter Mark Madden went on WEEI in Boston and reported a rumor that alleged child molester Jerry Sandusky would pimp out boys to rich donors.

"I hear a rumor that there will be a shocking development from the Second Miles Foundation ... That Jerry Sandusky and Second Mile were pimping out young boys to rich donors."

Madden claims it's being investigated by "two prominent columnists."

We'd say this is ridiculous, and that you should take it with a grain of salt. But Madden actually wrote about Sandusky for the Beaver County Times six months ago — long before the scandal blindsided everyone else this week.

Madden also claimed Sandusky was forced out of Penn State in 1999.

"I think you'll find out that Jerry Sandusky was told he had to retire in exchange for a cover up."

Sandusky retired at 55 in 1999, a year after Pennsylvania police investigated (but did not prosecute) him for allegedly molesting a boy.

Again, label this under "RUMOR." But Madden has been out in front of this story before, so stay tuned.

A pedophile ring?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on November 10, 2011, 01:47:12 PM
I'm confident in my ability to distinguish a 10 year old kid from a 'man' having anal sex in the shower. 

How confident are you in your ability to distinguish a 10 year old kid from a kid at the age of consent?

And does your certainty decrease if the victim were close to, but not yet at, the age of consent?  Are you sure you would intervene if the vic looked, say, 14?  If you're not sure, then how confident are you in your ability to distinguish a 10 year old kid from a kid of whatever age your certainty starts to weaken?

dps

Quote from: merithyn on November 10, 2011, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 01:36:59 PM

:mellow:

A ten-year-old child doesn't have to scream for help. The fact that a 40+ year old is fucking him in the ass is enough of a cry for help, imo. And I'm not saying that I necessarily blame McQueary for not stepping immediately in to stop things (though, like Crazy Canuck, I can't imagine NOT doing so). But at the very least, he should have gone to the authorities - the real ones - and kept going until someone at least looked into the situation. He didn't, and therefore, is culpable.

I'd like to think that a normal person would have 1 of 3 natural responses upon seeing something like that:

1) step up and stop the abuse right then (beating Sandusky unconscious or worse if necessary) and then haul his ass to the cops;

2)  Getting to the nearest phone and calling the cops right away;  or

3)  Going catatonic.

Now, I said that I'd like to think that people would have one of those 3 responses.  I'm cynical enough that I know that a lot of people would just walk away and pretend that they didn't see anything.  I don't condone that, of couse, but I can at least understand it.  I can't understand telling a 3rd party who isn't the police and thinking that was enough.

Now if you're the 3rd party and didn't actually witness the incident yourself, I can understand not going to the police--though I would try to get the actual witness to call the cops.

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on November 10, 2011, 12:56:56 PM
??? We are talking about locker room showers in athletic facilities. I don't know the layout in Penn State, but I've certainly taken showers in athletic settings where the showers were common and multiple people have showered at the same time. I assume he was bringing the children onto campus at least under the pretense of some athletic activity, and certainly afterwards it is normal to shower.

I have played a lot of sports.  I have played at the University level.  Granted I have never showered in a shower room of a Division I football team.  But I can tell you that I have never seen a grown man showering alone with a 10 year old boy in a University practice facility. 

That strikes me as very odd indeed.

Now add to that the fact that this particular grown man was asked to leave the program around the time an earlier allegation was made and it becomes very odd that one would think such an activity was ok after the most basic of investigations.  Like I said this is either complete incompetence or something more sinister. Either way the Board would have good reason to have lost trust in the President given your hyothetical.

crazy canuck

If you cant tell the difference between an adult and a 10 year old you are a moron.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 10, 2011, 02:05:15 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on November 10, 2011, 01:47:12 PM
I'm confident in my ability to distinguish a 10 year old kid from a 'man' having anal sex in the shower. 

How confident are you in your ability to distinguish a 10 year old kid from a kid at the age of consent?

What does that have to do with this fact pattern?  You cant tell the difference between a 10 year old and a teenager.  WTF?

And besides there is no indication this guy didnt know he was 10.  He knew it was a child.  He didnt act.