And we're back!

Main Menu

First snow of the year

Started by grumbler, October 29, 2011, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 13, 2012, 05:00:32 PM
Guess I left before a good winter.  :P

Well it's great for winter outdoor activities, but yeah we are on pace to shatter the record for most snowfall for a winter.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

I'd just be thinking about how I wish I had a garage as I plow snow off of my car.  :P

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 13, 2012, 05:13:11 PM
I'd just be thinking about how I wish I had a garage as I plow snow off of my car.  :P

I park under a wooden deck and man it makes all the difference in the world.  Everyone else is hacking away at their windshields while I'm driving away.

Ed Anger

People are shitting themselves over 1-3 inches expected and a wee bit of ice. And after posting this, my power will go out for 3 days again.

If you don't hear from me again, I'm carving out a barbarian kingdom out of Greene County Ohio and fighting off the darkie hordes coming in from Dayton looking for fried chicken and grape soda.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maximus

May I suggest you introduce some infrastructure so that power isn't being knocked out by weather.

mongers

Quote from: Maximus on January 20, 2012, 08:28:26 PM
May I suggest you introduce some infrastructure so that power isn't being knocked out by weather.

Hey, maybe that could be part of a national energy plan.   :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

It's about 60 degrees here.  Haven't even worn my coat in two weeks.  The heater just kicked on, I guess it must've dipped below 72 in the house.  I wonder what it's like to live in lands not meant for human habitation?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 08:43:23 PM
It's about 60 degrees here.  Haven't even worn my coat in two weeks.  The heater just kicked on, I guess it must've dipped below 72 in the house.  I wonder what it's like to live in lands not meant for human habitation?

What will be your attitude come high summer ? :whistle:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2012, 08:48:20 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 20, 2012, 08:43:23 PM

Heading to Al Gore's house for a dip in the pool and refreshing ice cold mojitos.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 20, 2012, 08:02:38 PM
People are shitting themselves over 1-3 inches expected and a wee bit of ice. And after posting this, my power will go out for 3 days again.

If you don't hear from me again, I'm carving out a barbarian kingdom out of Greene County Ohio and fighting off the darkie hordes coming in from Dayton looking for fried chicken and grape soda.
:nelson:  Here we only had that one day of snow, it was only about an inch, and it melted the next day.  LOL is this: northern Florida.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on January 20, 2012, 08:48:20 PM

Early mornings are nice in the summer. Winters at latitudes above 30-35ish suck all day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

KRonn

Eastern Mass, south of Boston. We got a couple to three inches of snow overnight. Supposed to get up to six inches tomorrow, Saturday. Not a whole lot, but it's the first significant snow we've had since the freak snowstorm at the end of October.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on January 20, 2012, 08:02:38 PM

Nothing happened. My plans: cancelled.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

We got about 1 1/2" here.  There are reports of entire stretches of roads and highways covered with the upside-down cars of black people.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on January 20, 2012, 08:55:58 PM
:nelson:  Here we only had that one day of snow, it was only about an inch, and it melted the next day.  LOL is this: northern Florida.

North Florida gets that about once a decade.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?