News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

First snow of the year

Started by grumbler, October 29, 2011, 11:04:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Temperature dropped like a motherfucker today.  I distinctly recall leaving for work this AM, it was bumping 50.  When I got home, it was 19 F.

It's called a "cold snap", because it snaps your dick off.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2012, 01:22:20 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 03, 2012, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2012, 03:51:57 AM
Africa and Middle East becoming unhabitable which means all the blacks and muslims will want to settle here.

They can have Siberia and the Yukon.

Hands off of the Yukon. :mad:

How about the Northwest Territories or Nunavut?

Actually, even better yet, I am sure much of northern Quebec is going to waste.

Ideologue

Yeah, it got kinda chilly here.  Not the best weather to leave work in a T-shirt and jeans and soaked in water. -_-
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

LaCroix

it's 31F. at night. in january. in fargo fucking north dakota. it's like perfection

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

It snowed overnight here but by midday the sun came out and melted most of it away. It's a bit cooler today but its still a good 25-30 degrees above what it ought to be!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

Drove around with the sunroof open this afternoon. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

The ski resorts are hating life. Half of them haven't bothered to open this year. Still nothing.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Fuck this shit. Not the minor snowfall but my fellow buckeyes, who have turned the roads into a flaming deathtrap with their shitty driving.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Got about 6 inches yesterday by the looks of it.

Heard on CNN that Valdez, Alaska got something like 4 feet.

Valmy

Actually got sorta cold this month.  January is the month it may snow in Austin if it is going to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

How many feet tall are the drifts, Valmy?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 03, 2012, 11:56:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 03, 2012, 01:22:20 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 03, 2012, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: Martinus on January 03, 2012, 03:51:57 AM
Africa and Middle East becoming unhabitable which means all the blacks and muslims will want to settle here.

They can have Siberia and the Yukon.

Hands off of the Yukon. :mad:

How about the Northwest Territories or Nunavut?

Actually, even better yet, I am sure much of northern Quebec is going to waste.

We use the good parts to produce electricity.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 13, 2012, 09:41:13 AM
Got about 6 inches yesterday by the looks of it.

Heard on CNN that Valdez, Alaska got something like 4 feet.

Heh, Valdez has had it easy compared to Cordova.

QuoteCordova, a fishing community famed for wild Copper River salmon, may have been hardest hit.
Since Nov. 1, the city has received 176 inches of snow and 44.24 inches of rain, at times increasing the weight of the snow as it piled up to 6 feet high on roofs.

Hell since i've been back home in Anchorage (3 weeks now) we have had about 4 feet of snow.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

Guess I left before a good winter.  :P