American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 09, 2013, 04:07:41 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 09, 2013, 12:20:23 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 11:46:35 PM
Don't mind him, Razzy. He's just upset he didn't get his Big Benghazigate Cover-up Conspiracy surprise today in the hearings.

Clinton is toast in 2016.

I doubt she'll run.

Not now anyway.  LOL #whatdifferencedoesitmake
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 07:22:04 AM
QuoteRepublican antipathy toward Clinton has declined significantly in recent years. As recently as April 2008, 84 percent of Republicans said they had unfavorable views of the then-candidate for president. At the time, that number included 70 percent of Republicans who held "strongly unfavorable" impressions. Now, fewer than half that number — 32 percent — have intensely negative views.

That's only because they've had the one thing worse than a Clinton to keep their attention by driving them bonkers: a black guy.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2013, 07:44:43 AM
That's only because they've had the one thing worse than a Clinton to keep their attention by driving them bonkers: a black guy.

Kinda like how Clarence Thomas drives you bonkers?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 07:22:04 AM
QuoteRepublican antipathy toward Clinton has declined significantly in recent years. As recently as April 2008, 84 percent of Republicans said they had unfavorable views of the then-candidate for president. At the time, that number included 70 percent of Republicans who held "strongly unfavorable" impressions. Now, fewer than half that number — 32 percent — have intensely negative views.

:hmm:

By April '08, Obama had already crushed Hillary in many states. He was already a credible threat for the presidency by then.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 07:54:13 AM

Kinda like how Clarence Thomas drives you bonkers?

He'll be outnumbered by 2016, so no fuss no muss.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 07:54:48 AM

By April '08, Obama had already crushed Hillary in many states. He was already a credible threat for the presidency by then.

I think Seedy is partly right, though of course for the wrong reason.  Many on the right saw Hillary as the lesser of two evils.  I gave money to her campaign & Ed switched parties to vote for her.  I think that sentiment fermented a bit even after the primary.

Along with that, in her time as Secretary of State she tended not to spout much partisan rhetoric, which helped to soften her image.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 08:00:17 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 07:54:48 AM

I think Seedy is partly right, though of course for the wrong reason.  Many on the right saw Hillary as the lesser of two evils.  I gave money to her campaign & Ed switched parties to vote for her.  I think that sentiment fermented a bit even after the primary.

My point was that there was still a lot of animus towards Hillary during this time when you were donating to her campaign (aka Obama was viewed as a credible "evil").

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 08:00:17 AM
Along with that, in her time as Secretary of State she tended not to spout much partisan rhetoric, which helped to soften her image.

That is true.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

SoS usually tries to stay above the partisan fray (usually), and she's been a good soldier in supporting and pursuing Administration policy.

Razgovory

Also she apparently has refrained from killing the White house lawyers this time.  I think she deserves credit for that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Managed to score 1000 rounds of this stuff.  Now I won't need that Russian steel-cased stuff I bought a couple weeks ago.

AnchorClanker

I see that picture and want to go shooting with the relatives when I next head back to Oregon.   :cool:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

derspiess

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 14, 2013, 08:50:22 AM
I see that picture and want to go shooting with the relatives when I next head back to Oregon.   :cool:

Bring along some ammo from Uncle Sugar :P

AnchorClanker

Quote from: derspiess on May 14, 2013, 08:55:38 AM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 14, 2013, 08:50:22 AM

Bring along some ammo from Uncle Sugar :P

My Uncle Terry reloads his own.   :D  Seriously, I left all my firearms in Oregon with my Dad - so I only go shooting when I am back with the gang.  We have an Italian Air Force WWII 6.5mm (I believe from the stamps on the stock that it was for airbase security guys) and now that it's back from the gunsmith, I'd like to take it out and do some plinking.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 14, 2013, 10:18:11 AM
Only dropped once
:lol:  Near as I can tell, it was in pretty good shape.  We got it from a friend of the family, a WWII vet who left his gun collection to my grandpa when he passed away - now that Dad is custodian of the 'arsenal' - he's been on a kick to send EVERYTHING to the gunsmith and have it all safe to fire.  He's afraid of passing along unsafe guns to anybody, and I concur.  However, it's a bit annoying that he won't let me chip in with this - he's taken it on as 'his' project and won't take any $$$ from me or by Bro-in-law.   :mad: