News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Count down to Anti-Gun nutters in 3, 2, 1, .........
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2013, 10:58:09 AM
Gun crime has plunged, but Americans think it's up, says study

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gun-crimes-pew-report-20130507,0,3022693.story

That isn't surprising to me - either that gun crime has fallen (overall violent crime in the US is way down, so it would stand to reason that gun crime was down as well) or that most people would respond in that manner to such a poll, becuase they would probably also get the basic question of "Has violent crime in the US increased in the US?" wrong.

Most people always thinks things are always getting worse.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on May 08, 2013, 11:09:49 AM

What is an anti-gun nutter?

As far as I can tell, it is defined as anyone who doesn't agree with the idea that if 1 gun is good, 48 guns would be a lot better.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2013, 11:25:33 AM

As far as I can tell, it is defined as anyone who doesn't agree with the idea that if 1 gun is good, 48 guns would be a lot better.

CC
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: 11B4V on May 08, 2013, 11:29:36 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 08, 2013, 11:25:33 AM

CC

He's just a regular nutter.  You should see the things he says in the hockey thread!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-gun-crimes-pew-report-20130507,0,3022693.story
Of course Americans think that... the media obsessively over-reports violent crime stories.  'Network' should be required viewing for everyone.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on May 08, 2013, 11:37:54 AM
He's just a regular nutter.  You should see the things he says in the hockey thread!

:moon: :moon:

btw, now that the Canucks have been eliminated the amount of hockey drivel I will have to listen to will descrease significantly. :)

CountDeMoney

Financial crimes are up, but Americans think Wall Street's just super, says reality.

derspiess

Ed, it'll be gone by the time you get there, but AIM has 7.62x39 at about $.29/round:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=abb76239fmj

Don't think they accept silver as payment, though it never hurts to call & ask :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

AnchorClanker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 08, 2013, 12:43:16 PM

Financial crimes are up, but Americans think Wall Street's just super, says reality.

No way!  Say it ain't so!
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on May 08, 2013, 04:00:23 PM
Ed, it'll be gone by the time you get there, but AIM has 7.62x39 at about $.29/round:

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=abb76239fmj

Don't think they accept silver as payment, though it never hurts to call & ask :D

I've already socked away another 2000 rounds. Which gives me around ~3700 total. Considering I use around 300 max per shooting trip,that should do me for awhile.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Ha. "Now kids, don't misplace daddy's magazines"
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I make my kids load my mags.  I DON'T CARE IF YOUR THUMBS HURT