American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Time to introduce some grizzlies, just to spice things up.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Savonarola

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2017, 04:18:16 PM
That is dumb.  I just set up in a fully enclosed (now heated) shelter and wait.

Do you hunt turkey?  Some of the Amtrak guys I work with in Michigan do.  They said they're a pain to clean.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on April 26, 2017, 12:17:55 PM

Do you hunt turkey?  Some of the Amtrak guys I work with in Michigan do.  They said they're a pain to clean.

If you do Tom Brady needs your support:

http://www.wjbdradio.com/national-news/2017/04/26/boston-overrun-by-wild-turkeys

QuoteBoston overrun by wild turkeys

The capital of Massachusetts is under attack -- by turkeys.

The Boston Globe reports that the Massachusetts Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, or MassWildlife, issued a notice urging citizens to be vigilant in the event of a turkey attack.

Officials from MassWildlife said, "March through May is breeding season for wild turkeys, which means some turkeys may be seen acting aggressively or completely ignoring the presence of people. Males will puff out their feathers, fan their tails, and 'strut their stuff.'"

The best way to scare off a wild turkey, they said, is to make loud noises. You can also spray the birds with a hose. Dogs may also be "an effective deterrent."

Wild turkeys have been spotted in and around the city. On April 6, two turkeys crossed six lanes of traffic on I-95 during rush hour, forcing cars to swerve around them.

MassWildlife said the birds are relentless and should be avoided: "Turkeys may attempt to dominate or attack people that they view as subordinates. And this behavior is observed most often during breeding season."

The birds have charged people in acts of aggression in the neighborhood of Brookline and terrorized residents in Foxborough, where the Patriots play.

Luckily for some, breeding season makes for good hunting. Licensed wild turkey hunting is permitted in the spring and fall, with spring season running from Monday, April 24, to May 20.

Jack Buckley, director of MassWildlife, said, "We want to make both hunters and potential hunters aware of Wild Turkey Hunting Season because it is a great recreational activity for individuals and families."

Not so much for the turkeys.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Savonarola on April 26, 2017, 12:17:55 PM

Not regularly, but I have.  My uncle takes care of all that, same as if I take a deer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

I fucking giggle when I see a dude with a Hi Point pistol at the range.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Pretty rich coming from somebody whose gun collection looks like the press conference scene from The Green Berets.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2017, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 24, 2017, 07:31:48 PM
MAH MAGAZINE EJECTED

Haven't  done one of those in awhile.  :)

Saw that happen at the range yesterday with Mr. Sig Sauer,  My revolver laughed at him.

No jams with the wheel gun either oldtimer.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 26, 2017, 08:28:17 PM
Pretty rich coming from somebody whose gun collection looks like the press conference scene from The Green Berets.

Don't be jelly. I'll send my kids over to rough you up.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2017, 08:42:39 PM
Don't be jelly. I'll send my kids over to rough you up.

STOP BLOCKING THE HALLWAYS

Ed Anger

Speaking of the kids, the twins have gotten fairly good with their AR-15's. Still need to get them helmets to tap the magazines on.

I'M SORRY, CLIPS.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

I have never seen a Hi Point at my range.  It's usually someone shooting something way more expensive than what I have.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2017, 08:59:05 PM
Speaking of the kids, the twins have gotten fairly good with their AR-15's. Still need to get them helmets to tap the magazines on.

I'M SORRY, CLIPS.

Are they: pink ARs?

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on April 26, 2017, 11:22:19 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 26, 2017, 08:11:47 PM

I have never seen a Hi Point at my range.  It's usually someone shooting something way more expensive than what I have.

Whats a Hi Point?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned