American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on April 24, 2017, 11:23:31 PM
Make those six shots count.

Go fuck yourself, Zimmerman, you fucking psycho niggerhunter.  All I need is one.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 24, 2017, 10:19:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 24, 2017, 07:31:48 PM
MAH MAGAZINE EJECTED

Haven't  done one of those in awhile.  :)

Saw that happen at the range yesterday with Mr. Sig Sauer,  My revolver laughed at him.

Ugh. Sig Sauer fanboys.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

A guy at the range the other day let me shoot his FNX-45 Tactical by FN.  What a well-designed pistol-- nice ergonomics, very accurate, feels like half the weight of my 1911 and somehow less recoil.  If I just had $1300 burning a hole in my pocket.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Shame.  Now he can't use that excuse again.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2017, 03:22:29 PM
Dress like a turkey get shot like a turkey

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/hunters-expected-to-recover-from-injuries-after-being-mistaken-for-actual-turkeys/ar-BBAmGCg?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartanntp

Reminds me of a picture I saw once in an ad for hunting gear, years ago. Showed some proud hunters standing over a deer they had shot. They were wearing what looked like deer suits, complete with antlers, presumably so they could sneak up on the deer.

All I could think of was "what kind of moron goes outdoors in deer hunting season wearing a deer suit?"  :lol: And "why are they advertising this stupidity like it was normal?"
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

That is dumb.  I just set up in a fully enclosed (now heated) shelter and wait. 

HVC

Quote from: derspiess on April 25, 2017, 04:18:16 PM

The lazy mans hunting experience :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

CountDeMoney

#BurmeseTurkeyTrap

garbon

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2017, 04:24:26 PM

Should be doing it from a copter!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 25, 2017, 04:24:26 PM

It gets lazier.

A Quebec outfit near our far northern cottage was engaged in "bear bating".

What this involves, is setting up fancy camouflaged shelters, and then setting up bear feeding stations a few yards in front of them. Then, spend a while setting out food for the bears, get them used to coming to those stations, and habituated to these nice folks who feed them. 

Then, sell to American tourists the chance to hunt a real live bear!

The tourist goes into the shelter ... and lo and behold, a bear wanders right in front of the shelter! At such a close range, even the lamest and most myopic American tourist can't fail to hit. The tourist goes home delighted to play the mighty hunter, and the guide gets a big tip.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

what's the percentage chance of the bear eating the tourist? Because that would be funny.

Malthus

Quote from: HVC on April 26, 2017, 08:53:26 AM
what's the percentage chance of the bear eating the tourist? Because that would be funny.

Close to 0%. Black bears aren't particularly dangerous. Every once in a while one attacks someone, but it is very unusual. Plus, they have an experienced (and armed) guide with them. They are probably safer than if they went to Disneyland.

Interestingly, the practice is completely legal (though regulated - can't bait in certain places at certain times).

https://www.mffp.gouv.qc.ca/english/publications/online/wildlife/hunting-regulations/big-game/baiting-bear.asp