American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

What do ya know, I found a full box of .45 ACP HP's I forgot I had.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Yeah, gotta figure out what to do with all this old ammo I found cleaning out the condo.  Gun stores, maybe?

The Brain

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2013, 10:05:31 AM
Yeah, gotta figure out what to do with all this old ammo I found cleaning out the condo.  Gun stores, maybe?

Monster. Why not sell it instead?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Shoot it.  But yeah, some gun stores would probably buy it. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Not too keen on shooting 15 and 20 year old ammo.  That sounds like something African rebels or Caliga would do.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2013, 11:46:45 AM
Not too keen on shooting 15 and 20 year old ammo.  That sounds like something African rebels or Caliga would do.

Is it corroded? If not, quit being a girl.

Best bet would be sell it on kraigslist. A gun store will low ball like no other.

Is the stuff still in the original boxes?

Remember ammo availability still hasnt come back to pre-hysteria levels. I wouldnt want to see you get ripped off.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on October 17, 2013, 12:05:27 PM
Is it corroded? If not, quit being a girl.

Best bet would be sell it on kraigslist. A gun store will low ball like no other.

Is the stuff still in the original boxes?

Remember ammo availability still hasnt come back to pre-hysteria levels. I wouldnt want to see you get ripped off.

Paranoid Seedy would worry about the ammo getting in the hands of gangbangers.  Or worse-- rednecks :o

He'll sell it to a dealer & get screwed.

FWIW I opened another spam can of Bulgarian 7.62x54R a few days ago, dated early 80s.  Stuff looks like it was made yesterday :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Interested in disposing of it, not selling it.  Just a shitload of loose rounds I don't want that I found in the bottom of my range bag.  Hell, not even sure I bought them.  I only buy Remington and Federal.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on October 17, 2013, 12:10:12 PM
Paranoid Seedy would worry about the ammo getting in the hands of gangbangers.  Or worse-- rednecks :o

And you two numbnuts act like they're fetuses.  It's only ammo.
No, no gun nuts here.

derspiess

Well how many rounds are there?  You could find someone who reloads and they could pull and re-use the bullets at a minimum.  You could probably find someone who will take it off your hands next time you're at the range.

CountDeMoney

looks like a shitload of .38 wadcutters, and a bunch of 9mm.  I think the 9s are Blazer.   :yuk:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 17, 2013, 07:58:57 PM
looks like a shitload of .38 wadcutters, and a bunch of 9mm.  I think the 9s are Blazer.   :yuk:

Find someone locally and make some coin. Go buy Gangsta kitty something nice.

CountDeMoney

She's been supremely annoyed now that she's got to wear a collar and an early-warning/elopement risk bell on orders from Camp Commandant Estelle Costanza.  It's pissing her off something fierce, she can't do her Seal Team Sneaks thing.

11B4V

Good day in gun land. The Big Brown Truck came today. The Winchester came back with a new barrel.

;)