American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2013, 08:22:02 PM
Well done.  Relocating after being spotted is crucial.

:lol:

Black Tail deer are a wily breed. A sub-species of the Mule Deer. They are the hardest deer to hunt. Unpredictable in their habits, unlike the Mule and White tail deer, which are easier to hunt.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

This is the first year hunting from a treestand in washington state. It is pretty much the standard in the southeast US when I was there. But I have a habit of taking good long naps in a treestand.  :lol:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

11B4V

Quote from: The Brain on October 05, 2013, 12:51:50 AM
A missed opportunity. :(

Season doesn't start till the 12th.

2011 I was elk hunting down around the St. Helens area. An absolutely beautiful clear November morning. I stopped on the down side of a cross over saddle, sat down on a log and broke out some java. I'm sitting there listening, enjoying the morning and being absolutely silent. After 20 minutes or so, I hear some rustling and commotion coming down the hill. Not enough racket to be an elk. Those fuckers sounds like a freight train when they are at a run through the woods. I finally get eyes on the commotion and it's a good sized doe moving at the double quick down the hill towards me. She spots me about 20-30 meters out, peels off hard left and goes down the other side of the hill into a draw.

Well, hot on her tail (no pun intended), about 30-40 or so meters behind, is a 3 point buck, nose to the ground and not paying attention to shit other than that doe. The dumbshit doesn't see me. I had him dead to rights if it were deer season. When he does spot me, he slams into a full stop no more than 20 feet from me. We look at each other for a good three seconds, long enough for me to say, "You're one lucking sumbitch." He then came to his senses and peeled off down the hill after the doe.

:glare:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

PDH

Lots of hunters here got caught in the big snows that hit the eastern side of the state.  They had to hunker in motels instead of up in 3 feet of snow in the mountains.  I bet there is now a liquor shortage in most of the stores.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2013, 08:40:11 PM
Lots of hunters here got caught in the big snows that hit the eastern side of the state.  They had to hunker in motels instead of up in 3 feet of snow in the mountains.  I bet there is now a liquor shortage in most of the stores.

:lol: Which state if you dont mind me askin?

PDH

Quote from: 11B4V on October 05, 2013, 08:42:24 PM

Wyoming.  Up on the Laramie Range they got 3+ feet of snow in all the outfitting spots.  The foreigners spent a lot of money to fly in from the East Coast and stay at the Motel 6 in Glenrock, Wyoming.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

11B4V

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2013, 08:45:01 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 05, 2013, 08:42:24 PM

Wyoming.  Up on the Laramie Range they got 3+ feet of snow in all the outfitting spots.  The foreigners spent a lot of money to fly in from the East Coast and stay at the Motel 6 in Glenrock, Wyoming.

Good elk country there.

PDH

Quote from: 11B4V on October 05, 2013, 08:52:20 PM

Good elk country there.

I don't hunt myself, but I know plenty folks who do.  That means I get steaks and roasts every year (usually the stuff from last year that has been in the deep freeze for 10-11 months).
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2013, 08:45:01 PM
and stay at the Motel 6 in Glenrock, Wyoming.

Bet those vending machines on the 2nd floor has had the shit worked out of them this week.  Only thing left is some Diet Mountain Dew, and maybe a Pay Day bar.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive