American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I can only drink Dew when it's flat.  True story.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

I do it.  I just leave the cap off overnight first.   :)

Capetan Mihali

So, trying to come up with cold weather outdoor activities, I was thinking maybe I'd take advantage of Vermont's non-existent gun laws and take up target shooting.  None of the gun ranges/fish and game clubs here seem to rent out weapons, but they're cheap to join.  So I'd have to buy some kind of gun...

Any suggestions on how to get started with this?  Any thoughts on pistol vs. rifle in terms of recreational enjoyment?  Pistol seems more fun at first glance... I figure a .22 of some sort is the obvious choice since the ammunition is so cheap.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

11B4V

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 05, 2013, 09:30:51 PM
So, trying to come up with cold weather outdoor activities, I was thinking maybe I'd take advantage of Vermont's non-existent gun laws and take up target shooting.  None of the gun ranges/fish and game clubs here seem to rent out weapons, but they're cheap to join.  So I'd have to buy some kind of gun...

Any suggestions on how to get started with this?  Any thoughts on pistol vs. rifle in terms of recreational enjoyment?  Pistol seems more fun at first glance... I figure a .22 of some sort is the obvious choice since the ammunition is so cheap.

Get you a new or used ruger 10-22 rifle. heel get a 22 pistol too.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

So far seen some does. Passed on a couple of spikes, and a fork horn.

Last evening around 6pm I had a spike eating apples in the yard. Seen the same bugger about 10am walking down the gravel road as I was leaving the house. Same chap. Good size for a Black Tail spike.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 15, 2013, 03:42:39 PM
Last evening around 6pm I had a spike eating apples in the yard. Seen the same bugger about 10am walking down the gravel road as I was leaving the house. Same chap. Good size for a Black Tail spike.

There won't be a third time, will there?  :cry:

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 15, 2013, 06:57:42 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 15, 2013, 03:42:39 PM

There won't be a third time, will there?  :cry:

If he's on or near my property he's safe.  ;)

Caliga

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on October 05, 2013, 09:30:51 PM

I really like my father in law's SIG Mosquito, which is a .22 pistol.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

I ordered the Henry kid guns. IN ORANGE.

WET THE FRONT SIGHT

derspiess

OMG GUNZ FOR KIDZ.  HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YERSELF
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 16, 2013, 07:35:27 PM
OMG GUNZ FOR KIDZ.  HOW CAN YOU LIVE WITH YERSELF

They can call children's services if they want. And be laughed at on the phone.