American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Range day tomorrow. A lot of work ups to test.  :D
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Yes, I can imagine what with all the excitement of such a high operational tempo you guys have on Fed property, punching holes in paper must seem like a real thrill.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 09:05:40 PM
Yes, I can imagine what with all the excitement of such a high operational tempo you guys have on Fed property, punching holes in paper must seem like a real thrill.

No civil rights violated this week. Almost, but not quite.

Range day tomorrow is not related to the job.  :blurgh:

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 08:37:51 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 08:23:47 PM
Got my CZ-82 so I again have a concealed carry-worthy firearm.  Might finally go ahead and get my CCW license, not that I anticipate carrying very often.

Oh, I think you do.

Nah.  Maybe if things get out of hand downtown it would be a nice option.  But a good part of the time I'm out & about I've got my kids with me, and those are by definition not high risk situations.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 09:11:11 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 09:05:40 PM

No civil rights violated this week. Almost, but not quite.

Range day tomorrow is not related to the job.  :blurgh:

I'm working from home tomorrow, but I anticipate starting an early workday, followed by a couple hours of range time before I have to pick up the kids from pre-school :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 09:52:36 PM
Got my CZ-82 so I again have a concealed carry-worthy firearm.  Might finally go ahead and get my CCW license, not that I anticipate carrying very often.

Oh, I think you do.

Nah.  Maybe if things get out of hand downtown it would be a nice option.  But a good part of the time I'm out & about I've got my kids with me, and those are by definition not high risk situations.

He's just upset from the GZ verdict. All white people are bad right now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 09:52:36 PM

Oh, I think you do.

Things get out of hand downtown?  Downtown where? Damascus, Syria?

You have no good or compelling reason to carry a concealed weapon. 
And you have no professional responsibilities that require you to do so even though you are employed by the Cincinnati Bengals, in which case you're outgunned anyway. LULZ

DGuller

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on July 14, 2013, 10:00:11 PM
But it's so cool to carry one.  :wub:

Nice, what do you do for an encore. Kick a kitten?  :rolleyes:

Razgovory

It makes him taller as well.  Or at least it feels that way.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 09:58:29 PM
Things get out of hand downtown?  Downtown where? Damascus, Syria?

Worse.  Downtown Cincy.  Don't forget 2001.

QuoteYou have no good or compelling reason to carry a concealed weapon. 

Guess what, chief-- I don't need one.  SHALL ISSUE, BEYOTCH

QuoteAnd you have no professional responsibilities that require you to do so even though you are employed by the Cincinnati Bengals, in which case you're outgunned anyway. LULZ

Responsibility?  No.  Qualification?  Most definitely.

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on July 14, 2013, 10:03:17 PM

Nice, what do you do for an encore. Kick a kitten?  :rolleyes:
I don't get it.  :huh:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 10:04:07 PM

Having a burning desire to find yourself in a situation where you get a chance to use your nifty new toy on A Bad Guy(tm) isn't really qualification.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 10:50:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 10:04:07 PM

Having a burning desire to find yourself in a situation where you get a chance to use your nifty new toy on A Bad Guy(tm) isn't really qualification.

How do you figure that?  Do you have a CCW, btw?