American Gun Ownership Highest In 18 Years

Started by jimmy olsen, October 27, 2011, 10:48:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 10:55:56 PM
How do you figure that? 

Because that's the only reason yahoos like you get them when they don't need them.  "Just because" isn't the reason.

QuoteDo you have a CCW, btw?

Had to turn the one in when I lost my job, and I let my other one lapse with my PI license since I didn't need it.  WHO KNEW

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 14, 2013, 11:02:05 PM
Because that's the only reason yahoos like you get them when they don't need them.  "Just because" isn't the reason.

Not at all.  You gonna go after Ed on those same grounds, btw?

Had to turn the one in when I lost my job, and I let my other one lapse with my PI license since I didn't need it.  WHO KNEW

Shall Issue FTW.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 11:16:28 PM

Ed's most powerful weapon is his penis.  That, I can't go after.

QuoteShall Issue FTW.

Yup.  And they Shall Issue it to me again after they process my PI license application.

11B4V

Got the 6.5 swede's scope on, leveled, and boresighted for tomorrow. Wham, bam thankya ma'am.

Three metric rifles going.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on July 14, 2013, 11:16:28 PM

Shall Issue FTW.

Plz leave me out of the pissing contest. Thanks.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

And you're nuttier than squirrel shit, too.

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 15, 2013, 03:56:15 AM
And you're nuttier than squirrel shit, too.

Am I nuttier than squirrel shit? :)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

11B4V

Ah, the smell of Hoppe's in the morning.

Good day at the range yesterday. Verified the 175 and 200 grain bullet loads in the 8x57mm. Verified the 160 grain load in the 7x64mm.  :showoff: Next trip will be working with the lighter bullet weights (150's & 160's) in the 8x57mm. Mainly for reference, as I dont have much use for them.

Now the tedious part. Case inspection, cleaning, resizing/decapping, trimming, cleaning, case inspection.

Maybe the Glock 20 10mm and Sig 250 .40 S&W will go next time for shits and giggles.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 16, 2013, 12:54:30 PM
Ah, the smell of Hoppe's in the morning.

I used to hate the smell, but I sorta like it these days.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Ooooooooooooo shiny.

With this batch and another batch of 47 8x57 cases, I only have to trim 12 cases to length.  :showoff:

derspiess

I have a ziploc full of once-fired 8x57 brass.  Plus I also have some spent Yugo berdan-primed brass I just can't bring myself to get rid of. 

Not to mention a buttload of 5.56, 9mm, & 7.62x25 brass.

I think I might take baby steps on this reloading thing.  I'd like to clean, de-prime & trim the brass I have.  I think I have the latter two figured out, but what kind of tumbler (or whatever) and media should I use to clean it?

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 08:17:31 PM
I have a ziploc full of once-fired 8x57 brass.  Plus I also have some spent Yugo berdan-primed brass I just can't bring myself to get rid of. 

I think I might take baby steps on this reloading thing.  I'd like to clean, de-prime & trim the brass I have.  I think I have the latter two figured out, but what kind of tumbler (or whatever) and media should I use to clean it?

Something along these lines. Any brand will do. Of the three. 
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/158440/lyman-turbo-1200-pro-sifter-case-tumbler-110-volt

and this
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/411956/rcbs-formula-1-brass-cleaning-media-walnut-hull-5-lb

and this
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1544122273/flitz-brass-case-polish

Unless your going to get into decapping and priming berdan brass...dump it. Stay with boxer primed.
http://davecushman.net/berdandecap.html

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on July 16, 2013, 08:41:17 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 08:17:31 PM

Something along these lines. Any brand will do. Of the three. 
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/158440/lyman-turbo-1200-pro-sifter-case-tumbler-110-volt

and this
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/411956/rcbs-formula-1-brass-cleaning-media-walnut-hull-5-lb

and this
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1544122273/flitz-brass-case-polish

Cool, thanks.

QuoteUnless your going to get into decapping and priming berdan brass...dump it. Stay with boxer primed.
http://davecushman.net/berdandecap.html

Just can't bring myself to do it.  I also have some 1939-dated German 8x56R brass I might actually sell because there is a market for it even though it's berdan.  I used to like leaving a few at the range to see people freak out about finding "Nazi brass".

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on July 16, 2013, 09:17:52 PM

Just can't bring myself to do it.  I also have some 1939-dated German 8x56R brass I might actually sell because there is a market for it even though it's berdan.  I used to like leaving a few at the range to see people freak out about finding "Nazi brass".

Ah, yes.