Main Menu

GTA V is coming

Started by Syt, October 25, 2011, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 12:14:48 PM
Fun preview vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-xHcvug3WI
LOL at Youtube's "301+ views".  Yeah, given that there are 40,000+ comments and 130,000+ ratings, I find that  believable.

DGuller

Can't really get excited about California again.  There is something about Liberty City that just can't be beat when it comes to feeling connected to the environment.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2013, 01:14:38 PM
Can't really get excited about California again.  There is something about Liberty City that just can't be beat when it comes to feeling connected to the environment.

Presumably that'd be different if you were more familiar with California?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 09, 2013, 01:16:50 PM
:hmm:

Wonderful. And could throw in things like The Warriors, opening of WTC and blackouts.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 01:16:54 PM

Maybe, maybe not.  Urban sprawl seems to make for an inherently boring setup.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 09, 2013, 01:19:18 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 01:16:54 PM

Maybe, maybe not.  Urban sprawl seems to make for an inherently boring setup.

For a game with "auto" in it's title? :huh:

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 01:18:02 PM
Quote from: Syt on July 09, 2013, 01:16:50 PM
:hmm:

Wonderful. And could throw in things like The Warriors, opening of WTC and blackouts.
Syt's setting would definitely fit GTA more than today's NYC.  Are we really supposed to believe that nanny Bloomberg would allow illegal Slav immigrants to run around shooting people willy-nilly?  With a gun? :yeahright:

Syt

Speaking of cars and your hometowns: have you played Driver: San Francisco, garbon?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Barrister

If they were going to set it in the 70s, they should do it right and set it in Chicago.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2013, 01:21:11 PM
For a game with "auto" in it's title? :huh:
Autos are used everywhere, even in NYC. :contract:

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 09, 2013, 01:22:03 PM
Speaking of cars and your hometowns: have you played Driver: San Francisco, garbon?

No. In fact, I've never even heard of it!

Razgovory

The last game I felt like I was playing Dguller. It got real bad when Niko pullled out a slide rule and worked out Insurance premiums.  I didn't even get half way through that game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Because Mexican Drug Wars were mentioned above - El Paso/Ciudad Juarez might make an interesting setting.
—Stephen Jay Gould