News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

GTA V is coming

Started by Syt, October 25, 2011, 10:34:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

One thing that really annoys me about GTA games is how vehicles are limitless and disposable.  That diminishes the value of cars, since you can always get any fast car you run across. 

I think cars and helicopters should be more like guns:  something that you would hate to lose, and would need to expend some effort or resources to replace.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2011, 02:48:03 PM
I could never get into San Andreas, and never got far with it.  I hated the city, I hated poor controls from a bad port, I hated the gloomy atmosphere, and black gangs are just not somethind I can identify with.  It was a lot easier to see myself as a Slavic mobster wearing a tracksuit. :unsure:

Incidentally, the last game I felt like I was playing a criminal version of Dguller.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 27, 2011, 04:46:56 PM
One thing that really annoys me about GTA games is how vehicles are limitless and disposable.  That diminishes the value of cars, since you can always get any fast car you run across. 

I think cars and helicopters should be more like guns:  something that you would hate to lose, and would need to expend some effort or resources to replace.

Well this is America...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on October 27, 2011, 02:21:03 PM
I'd love to see a redux of 1980s Vice City
I agree.  The Scarface ripoff setting was badass.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

I wasn't big on SA.
What stopped me playing was the mission where you had to swim around for ages before doing it to build up your swimming skills.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on October 27, 2011, 01:17:38 AM
I'm hoping for a return to Britain.
Probally not going to happen, but would be nice.

I forgot what thread I opened and thought you were tired of Japan already and wanted to go home.  :D

Shade

I think they should do brand new city like Detroit... (2nd highest murder rates in USA) Or Rochester (first highest Murder rates... ) though they could also be unsolved murder rates. I also think it would be cool to play a dirty cop that eventually starts his own gang or something... That way you have the option of causing mayhem in a police outfit which would decrease your chances of being caught, but maybe put bad publicity on police station.

DGuller

I think GTA should have an edition that lets you play a straight-up cop.  You would be parked in a patrol car and have a quota of tickets to issue for running red lights, speeding, and parking violations.  You would have a set number of domestic dispute calls to take.  For a challenge, you would need to fill out the paperwork regularly, and attend court sessions when people try to get out of a ticket that you wrote them.

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on October 28, 2011, 08:03:51 AM
I think GTA should have an edition that lets you play a straight-up cop.  You would be parked in a patrol car and have a quota of tickets to issue for running red lights, speeding, and parking violations.  You would have a set number of domestic dispute calls to take.  For a challenge, you would need to fill out the paperwork regularly, and attend court sessions when people try to get out of a ticket that you wrote them.

:lol:

I want to tazer hookers.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Shade

I want tanks back! Though DG a co op mode wuould be fun... just not in the way you were making fun of me....

Grey Fox

I want GTA2 back. Pisses me off to no end that Steam won't sell it individually.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on October 28, 2011, 08:03:51 AM

I don't think this would sell very well. It takes a lot of money to make a GTA game so taking a huge chance based on some random internet guy's preference would be really poor business. But hey, maybe it's the rest of the world that is stupid, right?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Someone I think the quick and easy theft of cars is somehow integral to a game called "Grand Theft Auto".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 28, 2011, 10:55:17 AM

Someone I think the quick and easy theft of cars is somehow integral to a game called "Grand Theft Auto".
It doesn't have to be ridiculously easy to the point of removing entirely a strategic consideration.

Josquius

I dunno, it still is a consideration. Slows you down majorly and makes you vulnerable for a while to try and steal another car. Many a time I've gotten killed as my  car was on the verge of exploding and there happened to be no new ones about.
One thing that really annoys me about many GTA clones is that they tend to be so bitchy on the value of cars. I don't play such games to carefully drive my way through traffic, cars are expendable and made to be bashed.

QuoteI think they should do brand new city like Detroit... (2nd highest murder rates in USA) Or Rochester (first highest Murder rates... ) though they could also be unsolved murder rates. I also think it would be cool to play a dirty cop that eventually starts his own gang or something... That way you have the option of causing mayhem in a police outfit which would decrease your chances of being caught, but maybe put bad publicity on police station.
Yeah, I was thinking Detroit could be cool. The vast derelict areas could be rather interesting, and then having Canada nearby could play into things well.
And there's certainly enough Detroit pop culture to draw on.
██████
██████
██████