News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Reboot of Battlestar Galactica

Started by jimmy olsen, October 23, 2011, 12:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I can make up a story about space Hitler.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

You have to taint everything, don't you?

Goddammit.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 05:46:19 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 05:16:41 PM
Biotechnology?  Played out.
Well the Cylons are a machine race, so the Aliens need to be distinctive to them and the Humans.
You can create distinctive aliens without having weird-ass technology bases.  Look at Star Trek.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 24, 2011, 05:52:10 PM
You have to taint everything, don't you?

Goddammit.
You're just pissed because you got one-upped.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:19:01 PM
You can create distinctive aliens without having weird-ass technology bases.  Look at Star Trek.
The aliens were distinguished by having different foreheads.  Not gonna be the model for a creative showrunner these days.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on October 24, 2011, 06:21:46 PM
The aliens were distinguished by having different foreheads.  Not gonna be the model for a creative showrunner these days.
I was thinking more in terms of their personalities.  The Klingons, for example.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Well the Cylons are a machine race, so the Aliens need to be distinctive to them and the Humans.
I'm thinking they'd be Reptillian as a shoutout to the Cylon's creators in the original series.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Siege

We need giant amebas like in "The Course of Empire".

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Siege on October 24, 2011, 06:39:37 PM
One wonders how something like that would evolve.

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 06:38:01 PM
I'm thinking they'd be Reptillian as a shoutout to the Cylon's creators in the original series.
OK, so now you have a physical look, but what makes them interesting?

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:47:44 PM

Maybe something like a Jellyfish?  A Jellyfish isn't really an Amoeba, but it kind of looks like one.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 06:38:01 PM

I would prefer something like the aliens from Independence Day.
To me they were the most alien looking ones, because of all the tentacles and bio-armor.
Also, the aliens from Returner were awesome.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on October 24, 2011, 06:52:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:47:44 PM
Maybe something like a Jellyfish?  A Jellyfish isn't really an Amoeba, but it kind of looks like one.
Perhaps, but how does it get into space?  Sure, you can have life in space, but complex life would be a little difficult.

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 03:39:03 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2011, 03:38:29 PM
Sucks.
How would your battlestar galactica look then?

I was clearly riffing on Brain's question about the map, dufus.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien