News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

New Reboot of Battlestar Galactica

Started by jimmy olsen, October 23, 2011, 12:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Bail out?

Are you afraid of getting in an argument with Tim?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:58:57 PM

Perhaps, but how does it get into space?  Sure, you can have life in space, but complex life would be a little difficult.

No idea.  I was trying to come up with that was Amoebaish that could be larger then a 1/10th of a millimeter.  Jelly fish aren't really much like amoebas but they kind a look like them.  Single cell organisms don't really scale up that well.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

A civilization that have found immortality through cloning.

Siege

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Is that supposed to be Hayden Pantyhead?  She's weird-looking.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Siege

Siege

And that ain't even a real sniper weapon.
That's an upgraded M14 with a M3A sniperscope.
Can't tell if the barrel is NM (national match)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2011, 07:03:28 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 03:39:03 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 24, 2011, 03:38:29 PM
Sucks.
How would your battlestar galactica look then?

I was clearly riffing on Brain's question about the map, dufus.
And I clearly chose to ignore that.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:48:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 06:38:01 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:19:01 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 24, 2011, 05:46:19 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 05:16:41 PM
Biotechnology?  Played out.
Well the Cylons are a machine race, so the Aliens need to be distinctive to them and the Humans.
You can create distinctive aliens without having weird-ass technology bases.  Look at Star Trek.
I'm thinking they'd be Reptillian as a shoutout to the Cylon's creators in the original series.
OK, so now you have a physical look, but what makes them interesting?
I'd have to think on it more. It seems to me that making the enemy "interesting" often leads to villain decay. Just look what happened to the Borg.

The enemy should remain horrifying, inscrutable and unstoppable.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: grumbler on October 24, 2011, 06:21:46 PM
You can create distinctive aliens without having weird-ass technology bases.  Look at Star Trek.
The aliens were distinguished by having different foreheads.  Not gonna be the model for a creative showrunner these days.

Unfortunately.  Roddenberry had the right idea that the actors' faces shouldn't be obscurd--Star Trek aliens might not be particularly interesting looking, but the actors playing them were actually able to do more than just voice acting.

Siege

The best sci-fi show evah was Stargate SG-1.
The first 7 seassons.

Tonitrus

Quote from: dps on October 24, 2011, 08:18:05 PM
The aliens were distinguished by having different foreheads.  Not gonna be the model for a creative showrunner these days.

Unfortunately.  Roddenberry had the right idea that the actors' faces shouldn't be obscurd--Star Trek aliens might not be particularly interesting looking, but the actors playing them were actually able to do more than just voice acting.

I dunno, I kinda liked the Sheliak's moxy.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 06:36:19 PM
I was thinking more in terms of their personalities.  The Klingons, for example.
I like the Klingons in the original series. They were evil and pragmatic.  By the Next Generation it was all about HONOR RAWR WARRIORS. Boring crap. 
PDH!