Main Menu

NFL Week 7

Started by sbr, October 23, 2011, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on October 23, 2011, 07:16:29 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 23, 2011, 07:12:28 PM
Eh, Tim is getting a win in the LFFL.

I need a RB. Anyone up for a trade. I offer a WR.
I have the Lions starting RB.  I'll trade him to you.
What! I need an RB.

What do you want for him!?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Remarkably the Rams seemed to have lost again.  Hopefully the Cards won't take a cue from them tonight.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 23, 2011, 08:18:46 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 23, 2011, 07:16:29 PM

I have the Lions starting RB.  I'll trade him to you.
What! I need an RB.

What do you want for him!?
A WR.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Whats up with the Colts defense? I know Payton is good but he's not that good.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Neil

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 23, 2011, 09:35:13 PM
Whats up with the Colts defense? I know Payton is good but he's not that good.
At this point, they're exhausted.  They've been on the field all night.

Also, when Brees is on, he's better than pretty much anyone.  The Chargers are the stupidest team there is for not paying the man, and that's why they'll never win a championship.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

He shoulda played Palmer.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

I just checked on my LFFL team for the first time in a while.  The KC defense got me 35 points.  :lmfao:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 23, 2011, 11:09:01 PM
I just checked on my LFFL team for the first time in a while.  The KC defense got me 35 points.  :lmfao:
:ultra:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Valmy

And the wheels continue to fly off the Redskin Wagon.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alcibiades

Oh God it's worse than I thought, all I hear on TV is TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW.  :bleeding:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 24, 2011, 09:41:29 AM
Oh God it's worse than I thought, all I hear on TV is TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW.  :bleeding:
Yeah, I'm avoiding the NFL Network for the week.  And you know they'll NFL Replay the game, even though it was total shit.

dps

Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 09:42:26 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 24, 2011, 09:41:29 AM
Yeah, I'm avoiding the NFL Network for the week.  And you know they'll NFL Replay the game, even though it was total shit.

It's kind of fitting that Tebow's in Denver, 'cause he's a lot like Elway was--a QB who's really not all that good, but people think is great because he can lead a 4th-quarter comeback.  Having said that, of course Elway was much better than Tebow, at least in part because he could actually complete long downfield passes.

Still, I think that the Broncos should have just gone with Tebow as the starter at the beginning of the season.  Yes, he's not good enough to start right now, but Denver wasn't going to win this year no matter who started at quarterback, and they need to find out if Tebow ever will be good enough to start.  With as much work to do as he has, the only way he's going to improve enough to be good enough is to get the reps that come with being the starter.  Watching from the sidelines and holding the clipboard isn't going to get him there.  (Standing on the sidelines and learning from a veteran can work when the main things you need to learn are the playbook, the reads, and the like--the mental side of the game.  Tebow's biggest shortfallings right now are in mechanics and timing, which are only going to get fixed--if they are fixable--by physical reps.)

jimmy olsen

Amazing stat

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/10/hyde5_five_thoughts_on_dolphin_4.html

Quote2. The Elias Sports Bureau put Sunday's loss by the Dolphins into perspective: Since time began with the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, no team has been ahead as many as 15 points with less than three minutes left and lost. At least until the Dolphins did it Sunday. That explains why I call it the most embarrassing loss in franchise history.

1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 23, 2011, 05:55:53 PM
:lol:  Just saw it update to three picks.

Including a pick-6 :pinch:  You have to give Palmer some benefit of the doubt, but that pick-6 sounds way too familiar.

What a crazy game.  The Chiefs score half their TDs from INT returns and suddenly make themselves contenders in the AFC West.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall