News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 7

Started by sbr, October 23, 2011, 12:04:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

Some dude on the Texans board I eyeball went and found some stuff from Arian Foster's pro day:

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/edwards/2009/03/arain_foster_has_rough_pro_day.html

QuoteFoster posted times of 4.73 and 4.69 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Foster's best time in the 40 is about 0.14 seconds slower than the benchmark scouts look for in running backs.

His other numbers weren't great, either.

In the short shuttle, which measures flexibility, burst and balance, Foster ran a 4.53. That's about 0.3 seconds slower than the ideal. Foster's 32-inch vertical jump was about 4 inches short of the ideal, too. A 9-7 broad jump wasn't off the charts, either.

The one good test for Foster was the three-cone drill, which tries to measure agility and change of direction. His time of 7.09 seconds was well ahead of the curve.

Heh.  Slow.

Also, Manning had surgery today. 

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 24, 2011, 04:21:16 PM
Some dude on the Texans board I eyeball went and found some stuff from Arian Foster's pro day:

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/edwards/2009/03/arain_foster_has_rough_pro_day.html

QuoteFoster posted times of 4.73 and 4.69 seconds in the 40-yard dash. Foster's best time in the 40 is about 0.14 seconds slower than the benchmark scouts look for in running backs.

His other numbers weren't great, either.

In the short shuttle, which measures flexibility, burst and balance, Foster ran a 4.53. That's about 0.3 seconds slower than the ideal. Foster's 32-inch vertical jump was about 4 inches short of the ideal, too. A 9-7 broad jump wasn't off the charts, either.

The one good test for Foster was the three-cone drill, which tries to measure agility and change of direction. His time of 7.09 seconds was well ahead of the curve.

Heh.  Slow.

As bad as that sounds, it can't be any uglier than Andre Smith's 40 during Alabama pro day back in 2009...
http://blackandteal.com/2009/03/12/andre-smith-40-yard-dash-pro-day-video/
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Alcibiades

Quote from: dps on October 24, 2011, 10:07:14 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 09:42:26 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 24, 2011, 09:41:29 AM
Oh God it's worse than I thought, all I hear on TV is TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW.  :bleeding:
Yeah, I'm avoiding the NFL Network for the week.  And you know they'll NFL Replay the game, even though it was total shit.

It's kind of fitting that Tebow's in Denver, 'cause he's a lot like Elway was--a QB who's really not all that good, but people think is great because he can lead a 4th-quarter comeback.  Having said that, of course Elway was much better than Tebow, at least in part because he could actually complete long downfield passes.

Still, I think that the Broncos should have just gone with Tebow as the starter at the beginning of the season.  Yes, he's not good enough to start right now, but Denver wasn't going to win this year no matter who started at quarterback, and they need to find out if Tebow ever will be good enough to start.  With as much work to do as he has, the only way he's going to improve enough to be good enough is to get the reps that come with being the starter.  Watching from the sidelines and holding the clipboard isn't going to get him there.  (Standing on the sidelines and learning from a veteran can work when the main things you need to learn are the playbook, the reads, and the like--the mental side of the game.  Tebow's biggest shortfallings right now are in mechanics and timing, which are only going to get fixed--if they are fixable--by physical reps.)

His QBR was 18.7 and he had something like -3 yards until the last 5 minutes of the fourth quarter.  I saw a handful of his throws on espn today and they were terrible.  At least Jim Rome wasn't afraid to rip into his fans today.  It's not that I don't like Tebow, I just can't stand his fans, like Skip Bayless.   :yucky:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Grey Fox

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 24, 2011, 07:52:55 PM
Quote from: dps on October 24, 2011, 10:07:14 AM
Quote from: Neil on October 24, 2011, 09:42:26 AM
Quote from: Alcibiades on October 24, 2011, 09:41:29 AM
Oh God it's worse than I thought, all I hear on TV is TEBOW TEBOW TEBOW.  :bleeding:
Yeah, I'm avoiding the NFL Network for the week.  And you know they'll NFL Replay the game, even though it was total shit.

It's kind of fitting that Tebow's in Denver, 'cause he's a lot like Elway was--a QB who's really not all that good, but people think is great because he can lead a 4th-quarter comeback.  Having said that, of course Elway was much better than Tebow, at least in part because he could actually complete long downfield passes.

Still, I think that the Broncos should have just gone with Tebow as the starter at the beginning of the season.  Yes, he's not good enough to start right now, but Denver wasn't going to win this year no matter who started at quarterback, and they need to find out if Tebow ever will be good enough to start.  With as much work to do as he has, the only way he's going to improve enough to be good enough is to get the reps that come with being the starter.  Watching from the sidelines and holding the clipboard isn't going to get him there.  (Standing on the sidelines and learning from a veteran can work when the main things you need to learn are the playbook, the reads, and the like--the mental side of the game.  Tebow's biggest shortfallings right now are in mechanics and timing, which are only going to get fixed--if they are fixable--by physical reps.)

His QBR was 18.7 and he had something like -3 yards until the last 5 minutes of the fourth quarter.  I saw a handful of his throws on espn today and they were terrible.  At least Jim Rome wasn't afraid to rip into his fans today.  It's not that I don't like Tebow, I just can't stand his fans, like Skip Bayless.   :yucky:

:jaron:

Why do you doubt the awesomeness of our Lord & savior Tebow?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Neil

Between the uselessness of the offences and the constant flag-o-rama, this game is turning unwatchable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

Jesus.  Gabbert just tried to hand it off to MJD's facemask.  This is fucking hilarious.

Neil

And now the horseshit calls are going to begin.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Jesus, the refs should eject the Jags receivers for being fucking terrible!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

This game is fucking terrible. The Ravens should be ashamed.

1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

This game was so bad it killed Ed Reed. :(

EDIT: And he got better. :)

1 Karma Chameleon point

MadBurgerMaker

Oh shit.  Changed back from the world series in time to see a helluva catch.