News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Yeah Cyborg seems silly to me, i mean as it's own separate race.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Faeelin

Quote from: katmai on December 01, 2011, 01:34:09 AM

Wait, Chiss are a playable race? Did they even bother to look up the Star Wars canon?

Syt

Quote from: Faeelin on December 01, 2011, 02:06:30 AM
Quote from: katmai on December 01, 2011, 01:34:09 AM

Wait, Chiss are a playable race? Did they even bother to look up the Star Wars canon?

Retconned!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chiss
QuoteThough the Chiss were not widely known to the greater galaxy, examples of their technology were known to exist as far back as 3,951 BBY when samples of their charric weapons were being sold on the planet Onderon.[13] When the Sith Empire returned to fight the Republic once more during the Great Galactic War and the Cold War, the Chiss Ascendancy was the only actual ally of the Empire, unlike all the species that the empire subjugated, and some Chiss were known to serve as Imperial Agents[14] or bounty hunters.

I don't mind, really. The three to four millennia between TOR and Ep. IV give a lot of leeway. Heck, there's been a Selkath character (natives of Manaan in KotOR 1) on Clone Wars, even though you never saw/heard of the race in between.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Syt on December 01, 2011, 01:19:25 AM
Quote from: katmai on November 30, 2011, 05:33:47 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 30, 2011, 05:30:54 PM
What is a Dark Jedi then?

In canonical they were the jedi that broke off thousand of years ago and founded the "Sith"

In the MMO, not sure how it will all work out with you being able to be "dark" jedi of the republic, yadda yadda

I was rather surprised to see the Sith purebloods reappear as playable race in TOR.

Meanwhile, Rodians, Trandoshans, Wookies or Bothans are left out. And why the heck did they include a human cyborg race? It would make more sense to be able to add cybernetic implants throughout the game (like in Star Wars Galaxies, though it was kinda silly when later on almost all high level chars seemed to have robot arms/legs).

All the races are humans (or recoloured humans) by design.  Because of the storylines (and voice acting) they felt they needed to have everyone be a more-or-less recognizable human.  I guess they wanted to avoid having Rodian-human romance scenes.   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

What is inside the head tentacle things on those critters with the two giant head tentacle things?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on December 01, 2011, 09:43:31 AM
What is inside the head tentacle things on those critters with the two giant head tentacle things?

The Twi'leks?

Quoteadvanced organs used for communication and cognitive functions
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

In Star Wars Galaxies you could actually use the lekku for communicating (only understandable by other Twi'lek by default).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

szmik

Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

Syt

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111201

QuoteThe Collector's Edition of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ includes seventeen original tracks, but this is just a small sampling of the breadth of music that was composed specifically for the game. As we count down the days until our December 20th launch, we want you to experience the entire original score! That's why, starting today and continuing every day until launch, we are releasing one new musical track available for download each day on both Facebook and YouTube!

You can head over to our Facebook page right now to listen to and discuss "The Mandalorian Blockade", the first track that we've released. This track is also available to download below, and all of the released tracks will be available for download from this page on December 20th. Make sure that you check back to Facebook each day to listen to the latest musical score from the game, and while you're there remember to 'Like' us so that you don't miss a single track.

Download Now:

TheMandalorianBlockade.mp3

From 3:50 on it puts me in the mind of old epic movies, like Ben Hur, Ten Commandments or Quo Vadis or Italian sandal movies.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm in for this game, and I got my bro to agree to play on any PvE server that anyone else has decided to play on.  So let's coordinate this shit, yo. :cool:

edit:  He and I both want to do Imperials initially.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

crazy canuck

Quote from: Caliga on December 02, 2011, 07:38:55 AM

Thats unfortunate because it looks like Katmai's group (sith I belive) is going to be pretty good.  Almost gets me to the point of thinking I might pick this up.  Almost.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2011, 11:57:15 AM

Thats unfortunate because it looks like Katmai's group (sith I belive) is going to be pretty good.  Almost gets me to the point of thinking I might pick this up.  Almost.

Sith = Imperials.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Barrister on December 02, 2011, 12:00:42 PM

Sith = Imperials.

Ok then he is fine.

And shouldnt you be reading law instead of star wars lore? :P

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2011, 12:05:35 PM

Sith = Imperials.

Ok then he is fine.

I just finished up my written submissions on a sentencing.  :cool:  I read more law than I have for quite a while.

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on December 02, 2011, 12:05:35 PM

Sith = Imperials.

Ok then he is fine.

:huh: He doesn't work in private practice.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.