News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Meaning intending to play on release?

I am still on the fence. Which is actually a surprise, since a few months ago I was definitely in the "No way am I playing another MMO..." camp....

But I am curious what other Languishites have decided to pull the trigger...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

I'd like to like it. I WANT to play, it's Star Wars. But nothing has indicated it will be anything more than WoW with a Star Wars skin pluc voiceovers.

:(

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM
Meaning intending to play on release?

I am still on the fence. Which is actually a surprise, since a few months ago I was definitely in the "No way am I playing another MMO..." camp....

But I am curious what other Languishites have decided to pull the trigger...

I put my $5 in on a pre-order.  But that shouldn't be a big surprise.  Ive flirted with 8-10 paid MMOs in my time.

Shitty timing for release though.  Who wants to start playing an MMO the week before Christmas?

At $60 I'll feel fine if I play for a few weeks then stop.  So I'm also on the fence about how much I'll wind up playing it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

I have no time to play games like this anymore.  Kid+work+school+Languish is pretty time consuming.

But if my situation was different I would.  Bioware usually does a good job and the game  is being developed in Austin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Iormlund

How are they getting around the "everyone wants to be a Jedi" thing?

Drakken

Quote from: Iormlund on October 20, 2011, 03:58:13 PM

They don't. You want to play one, you are one. There were plenty of Jedis in that time - and Siths. Shitloads of Sith lord loads.

Arvoreen

I've been in beta for a while now, and have put my $5 on a pre-order.  In my opinion, it offers a good deal of fun over WoW....but that said, time is an issue, and I'm not positive when I'll jump in to play full time.

Actually, the release schedule will work in its favor, as I'll be on vacation :)

Barrister

Quote from: Iormlund on October 20, 2011, 03:58:13 PM

Half the classes are force users.

If anything I wish there were more non-force classes.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Unless this is a remake of the X-wing -TIE fighter series, no.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

JonasSalk

I got in the beta for 3 days. I didn't get to play a ton due to school and work, but I generally liked the game and could see it doing well. I think I posted my perceptions in the other SWTOR thread. I'm considering getting it because from December 20-January 7 or so, I will have very little to do and I'd like to be able to play with other people.

I only got to play one class and I didn't get to play the advanced class, unfortunately, due to time constraints. I think I'd prefer to play the Bounty Hunter class, since the ones I saw around looked like they were awesome to play, whereas mine was a mixed caster-melee class that supposedly has the advanced class that becomes a healer, which was what I wanted to do. Doing the intro dungeons without a healer (which was all of them) was pretty fucking annoying sometimes.
Yuman

Caliga

My brother played the beta and can't stop raving about how OSSUM it's going to be.  He pre-ordered and has been bugging the living crap out of me to pre-order as well.  I just don't see the point of EVER pre-ordering a game, no matter how much potential ass it might kick. :mellow:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on October 20, 2011, 06:40:19 PM
I just don't see the point of EVER pre-ordering a game, no matter how much potential ass it might kick. :mellow:

Yeah it is very odd how people have gotten on board with doing that. I see posts (mostly by children mind you) on p'dox all the time asking p'dox to hurry up and let them give their money for a pre-order.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

JonasSalk

The advantage to pre-ordering this game is you get to play early. I don't know when they'll open it up to people who pre-order, however. Maybe a week?

A friend of mine at work told me you can pay $5 to pre-order at Gamestop and still get your pre-order code, so I suppose you could try it during the early phase and if you don't like it, get a refund for your pre-order.
Yuman

Berkut

The only reason I am thinking about it is the chance to start early...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned