News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Who actually is in for Star Wars?

Started by Berkut, October 20, 2011, 03:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: JonasSalk on October 20, 2011, 07:50:39 PM
The advantage to pre-ordering this game is you get to play early. I don't know when they'll open it up to people who pre-order, however. Maybe a week?

A friend of mine at work told me you can pay $5 to pre-order at Gamestop and still get your pre-order code, so I suppose you could try it during the early phase and if you don't like it, get a refund for your pre-order.

When ever I've pre-ordered, I've never gotten to play early.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Regarding pre-ordering...

Bioware has said they might limit the number of games shipped at first in order to limit the stress on their servers.  So there's some reason there to pre-order.

If you're interested in the headstart, or the chance to get into beta, there's also that reason.

The pre-order goodies are pretty weak in this game, so nothing there.

But honestly, I don't know why I gave EB Games my $5 for a pre-order.   :homestar:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

JonasSalk

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 08:30:22 PMWhen ever I've pre-ordered, I've never gotten to play early.

Pay attention, kiddo. They're specifically advertising that you get to play early if you pre-order.
Yuman

JonasSalk

Yuman

Syt

Rock Paper Shotgun has a hands on:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/20/hands-on-the-old-republic-part-one/

As said, I've cancelled my pre-order, because I don't have the time to play MMOs meaningfully.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

So it's out on the 20th of December you say? That's actually the start of my holiday-untiil-year's-end, as I had to burn my vacation days for the year.

FunkMonk

A couple of friends at work want me to buy it to join up with them, one of whom was in the beta and loved it and the other who is absolutely stoked about its release. I'm still on the fence. I'll wait a month or two to see if it's worth it.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

viper37

I usually don't like MMOs, but damn, it's Star Wars...  It's usually a very cool universe to play.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

Well I'll be.

I have a beta invite for SWTOR.

Now to decide whether I can afford to download 20GB...

Grey Fox

I have also a Beta invite (for this week-end only apparently).

I probably won't have time to play tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2011, 02:48:51 PM
I have also a Beta invite (for this week-end only apparently).

I probably won't have time to play tho.

From what I understand if you've been invited, you're in for all subsequent beta events.  But yeah, the servers are not constantly up - they're only up for limited periods of time.

Fuck it - I'll do it.  I think I might have to get a new HDD for this sucker though.  My Windows partition wasn't very large to begin with.  I'll probably play around with a class or two I likely won't play.  Perhaps a Sith.

Grey Fox

Bad time to buy an HDD, they have doubled in price in the last month.

It might be cheaper for me to mail you 12 dvds with the game on it then you bursting your limit tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 09, 2011, 03:55:18 PM
Bad time to buy an HDD, they have doubled in price in the last month.

It might be cheaper for me to mail you 12 dvds with the game on it then you bursting your limit tho.

Karma payback for all the times he gloated about having a superior computer.