Breaking news - Gaddafi "killed" - Al Jazeera

Started by Brazen, October 20, 2011, 07:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/10/20111020111520869621.html
QuoteA senior NTC official has said that Muammar Gaddafi has died of his wounds after being captured near Sirte.

Earlier, Jamal abu-Shaalah, a field commander of NTC, told Al Jazeera that the toppled leader had been seized, but it was not clear whether he was dead or alive.

"He's captured. He's wounded in both legs ... He's been taken away by ambulance," Abdel Majid, a senior NTC military official said.

Majid also said that Abu Bakr Younus Jabr, the head of Gaddafi's armed forces, was killed during the capture of Gaddafi.

The news came shortly after NTC claimed capturing Sirte, Gaddafi's hometown, after weeks of fighting.

NATO and the US state department said it cannot confirm the reports of Gaddafi's death. Meanwhile in Benghazi, crowds gathered in the streets to start celebrating the reports of Gaddafi's death.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Brazen

Quote from: Liep on October 20, 2011, 07:17:14 AM
I think I'll go fire a gun in celebration!
I'll put on a niqab and suppress myself.

Pedrito

Official statement by the Liberation Front, he's been shot in the head.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Viking

Quote from: Pedrito on October 20, 2011, 07:20:03 AM
Official statement by the Liberation Front, he's been shot in the head.

L.

Meh, this is what happens when the local city council can't put up lamp-posts.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Brazen

Hard to mistake being shot in two legs for being shot in the head, one would have thought  :huh:

Brazen

AFP says he's "seriously wounded but still breathing". He's currently Schroedinger's Dictator until confirmed either way.

Brazen

From AFP:

"An image captured off a cellular phone camera claims to show the arrest of Gaddafi in Sirte. Photograph: Philippe Desmazes/AFP/Getty Images"

Reported on the Guardian's live feed:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2011/oct/20/syria-libya-middle-east-unrest-live

Brazen

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 07:22:47 AM
Hard to mistake being shot in two legs for being shot in the head, one would have thought  :huh:

Yes, you might want to question the competence of an organization which takes 8 months to overthrow a tinpot dictator with 5/7ths of the country behind them and NATO destroying any enemy tanks or trucks that move.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Syt

Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 07:26:26 AM
From AFP:

"An image captured off a cellular phone camera claims to show the arrest of Gaddafi in Sirte. Photograph: Philippe Desmazes/AFP/Getty Images"

Reported on the Guardian's live feed:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2011/oct/20/syria-libya-middle-east-unrest-live

Are we sure it's Gaddafi and not Gene Simmons?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maximus

Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 07:22:47 AM
Perhaps his condition deteriorated.

Martinus

Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 07:24:31 AM
AFP says he's "seriously wounded but still breathing". He's currently Schroedinger's Dictator until confirmed either way.
:D