Breaking news - Gaddafi "killed" - Al Jazeera

Started by Brazen, October 20, 2011, 07:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakken

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 08:55:07 AM
One of Gaddafi's golden guns brandished by a NTC fighter:

It looks like Castro and a Yankees fan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Larch

Quote from: Razgovory on October 20, 2011, 09:49:18 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 08:55:07 AM
One of Gaddafi's golden guns brandished by a NTC fighter:

It looks like Castro and a Yankees fan.

Apparently the kid with the Yankees cap is the one who offed him, and amy now get a 20 million dollar bounty placed on Gadaffi's head.

http://www.repubblica.it/esteri/2011/10/20/foto/la_pistola_d_oro_di_gheddafi-23565812/1/?ref=HREA-1

Brazen

Razgovory

Quote from: Drakken on October 20, 2011, 09:47:10 AM
He's not dead, he's resting.

He dwells under a mountain, waiting till his country need him most.

Zanza

Quote from: Viking on October 20, 2011, 07:29:46 AM
Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 07:22:47 AM
Hard to mistake being shot in two legs for being shot in the head, one would have thought  :huh:

Yes, you might want to question the competence of an organization which takes 8 months to overthrow a tinpot dictator with 5/7ths of the country behind them and NATO destroying any enemy tanks or trucks that move.
I am actually surprised that it went so quick. I had expected years of protracted civil war.

Zanza

Berlusconi's comment: sic transit gloria mundi...

Habbaku

The world is rapidly running out of cartoon super-villains.  :(
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on October 20, 2011, 10:51:13 AM
Berlusconi's comment: sic transit gloria mundi...

I got sick on public transit once. Nothing glorious about it.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Brazen on October 20, 2011, 09:26:58 AM
Another jolly dead dictatorgram.

That pic is actally the morning after a wild party with his female bodyguards.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Why did CNN put this up as a video?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/10/20/clinton-learns-gadhafi-killed.cnn

Also, why is my work blocking yahoo? I hate going to CNN for news. "Living  and Eatocracy" wtf?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Love the picture of Berlusconi receiving the rifle.   :lol:

Other comment:  Yankees fans.   :rolleyes:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Brazen

For your "world leaders love Gaddafi" collection, here's Blair going in with tongues.