Breaking news - Gaddafi "killed" - Al Jazeera

Started by Brazen, October 20, 2011, 07:05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2011, 09:45:16 AM
Was he sodomized in a crossfire? :unsure:

Non-standard ammunition in one of the RPGs I guess.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on October 25, 2011, 10:28:26 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 25, 2011, 09:45:16 AM
Was he sodomized in a crossfire? :unsure:

Non-standard ammunition in one of the RPGs I guess.

I don't think that there was a Chrysler product involved at all.

Jacob

Quote from: dps on October 25, 2011, 11:04:25 AM
Quote from: dgullerNon-standard ammunition in one of the RPGs I guess.

Chrysler makes roleplaying games?

alfred russel

Quote from: Viking on October 25, 2011, 07:25:28 AM
Quote from: grumbler on October 25, 2011, 07:19:15 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2011, 07:09:21 AM
The Institution sucks.
And Victor Matus has no idea how to write concise and persuasive arguments.

You're one of the old fucks who doesn't know Hoover is an anglicism for Vacuum Cleaner. You also didn't read the article, it doesn't argue for anything, it summarizes what regular practice for dealing with dead dictators is.

The article needs an update for the new contemporary method: "sodomized on a cell phone camera and then shot in the head."
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

I think Mussolini still holds the record for extra-judicially murdered tyrant.

MadImmortalMan

Rasputin has to be up there.

..Or do you actually have to be the official ruler to be counted here?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 25, 2011, 06:03:08 PM
I think Mussolini still holds the record for extra-judicially murdered tyrant.

Charles Johnson drinking beer while Doe is carved apart has a certain style to it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

You're one of the old fucks who doesn't know Hoover is an anglicism for Vacuum Cleaner.
:huh:  You are one of the ignorant fucks who doesn't know that "to hoover" has meant "to vacuum" for many years in the US.  My grandmother used that phrase almost exclusively.  The Hoover corporation is, in fact, an American company.  One of its first slogans was "A Hoovered home is as clean as it looks."  I'd suggest that you get off your high fucking horse and not try to tell Americans what their slang is.

QuoteYou also didn't read the article, it doesn't argue for anything, it summarizes what regular practice for dealing with dead dictators is.
I sure didn't read the entire thing, because it was long-winded and got off its point almost immediately.  He is arguing that he can answer the question he asks: "But which methods [of dealing with an ex-dictator's body] have successfully closed dark chapters in history and which ones have led to public embarrassment or worse?"  Didn't you read your own fucking boring article?

My point stands:  the guy cannot write concisely or stick to his point.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Jacob on October 25, 2011, 11:10:18 AM
Joe Chrysler practically invented the genre, though Gary Gygax got the credit.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: grumbler on October 25, 2011, 07:19:15 AM
Quote from: The Brain on October 25, 2011, 07:09:21 AM
The Institution sucks.
And Victor Matus has no idea how to write concise and persuasive arguments.

You're one of the old fucks who doesn't know Hoover is an anglicism for Vacuum Cleaner. You also didn't read the article, it doesn't argue for anything, it summarizes what regular practice for dealing with dead dictators is.
Anglicism? WTF?

It's archaic American slang. If the Brits picked it up from us and still use it that's one thing, but don't act like Americans have never run into it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

citizen k

Yeah Viking, where do you get off?  :ultra: </pile on viking mode>

citizen k

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on October 25, 2011, 09:36:28 PM
My point stands:  the guy cannot write concisely or stick to his point.
Is that thing really not concise?  Serious question, that shit was way too long for me to read.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Jacob on October 25, 2011, 11:10:18 AM
Quote from: dps on October 25, 2011, 11:04:25 AM
Quote from: dgullerNon-standard ammunition in one of the RPGs I guess.

QuoteWas he sodomized in a crossfire?

They make (or rather, made) crossfires.