News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Airlines suck

Started by Martinus, October 18, 2011, 05:30:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

It's fucking annoying that when you buy a plane ticket and then want someone else to use it, you cannot do that. You have to return the ticket (and they pay you back only a small part of the price) and the other person has to buy it again at a full price.

Fuck that shit. It's a fucking violation of consumer rights.  :mad:

alfred russel

Quote from: Martinus on October 18, 2011, 05:30:28 AM
It's fucking annoying that when you buy a plane ticket and then want someone else to use it, you cannot do that. You have to return the ticket (and they pay you back only a small part of the price) and the other person has to buy it again at a full price.

Buy refundable tickets.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Brazen

Yep, airline tickets are basically a contract with many terms and conditions that you will travel a certain route at a certain time, they are not a permit for the bearer to travel. Only the full-price ones are transferable or fully refundable, which can cost more than buying two.

The Brain

Just give him the money directly FFS. Sugar daddying doesn't have to be complicated.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Warspite

I'm increasingly miffed by the trend to charge extra for emergency exit seats. For me the legroom isn't a luxury, and £30 each way for early seat booking is a big wodge of cash. If you're going to charge me extra for being tall, then it's only fair I also get a discount for being a very light traveller.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

DGuller

The problem with exit row seats is that you don't have an entertainment system in front of you.  My legs are on the long side as well, but I actually prefer angling my legs a little rather than be bored out of my mind.  Maybe our tall posters with an ampler posterior don't have that option.

Sheilbh

Quote from: DGuller on October 18, 2011, 10:48:26 AM
The problem with exit row seats is that you don't have an entertainment system in front of you.
You can still see the map right? :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 18, 2011, 10:51:40 AM
Quote from: DGuller on October 18, 2011, 10:48:26 AM
The problem with exit row seats is that you don't have an entertainment system in front of you.
You can still see the map right? :mellow:
I can, if I bring a paper map with me.

garbon

I don't even like exit row seats. I like keeping my bag down with me.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Zanza

As a lawyer, you should know to read the fineprint. It's not like there aren't booking classes that allow you to get the ticket refunded.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2011, 10:53:30 AM
Yeah, that's another big inconvenience.  Yet another one is that you're sitting in front of all the aisle traffic, rather than being covered by seats in front of you.

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on October 18, 2011, 10:56:07 AM

As a lawyer, you should know to read the fineprint. It's not like there aren't booking classes that allow you to get the ticket refunded.

Of course, there are nicer airlines like SW that allow you to get a credit that you can then apply to someone else's trip.  My family did it all the time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Warspite

You're allowed to have your bag down with you after takeoff but before landing, aren't you?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

garbon

Quote from: Warspite on October 18, 2011, 11:12:13 AM
You're allowed to have your bag down with you after takeoff but before landing, aren't you?

I think so. Although I believe t But now with the charges - there's no chance I'll ever be in an exit row.

edit: Actually I don't know as I know there are often big on having the walkways clear - especially when the fasten seat belt sign is on.