News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Spock is gay!

Started by Martinus, October 17, 2011, 01:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 17, 2011, 01:48:29 PM
I respect actors who keep their lives private - Gary Oldman, for example, simply refuses to answer questions on his personal life.  But I don't think that's always possible, especially for young reasonably good looking ones who will be followed by the press - this means he can probably live his life reasonably comfortably and not worry about who could be photographing him.  Equally Ian McKellen-style gay activism doesn't bother me or change how I see his work.

Just a personal preference.  It doesn't "bother" me I just found I enjoy movies and shows more when I know as little about the actors as possible.

I, naturally, hope homosexual people can choose to be open or not be open as their preference dictates and do not feel compelled to keep their sexuality a secret to protect their careers.  Scientologists, on the other hand, must be discovered and publicly shamed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sophie Scholl

As soon as I saw this, I figured a Marti thread was coming.  Also, conveniently Marti "liked" Quinto on Facebook shortly after.  Another youngish actor that recently came out was the doctor from Firefly/Serenity (Sean Maher).  Where's his thread?! :mad:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2011, 07:16:57 AM
Also, good call, Mart. Look at the nerd rage.

I thought we were pretty calm while telling Marty he was full of shit (as usual).
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 17, 2011, 03:20:48 PM
Quote from: garbon on October 17, 2011, 07:16:57 AM
Also, good call, Mart. Look at the nerd rage.

I thought we were pretty calm while telling Marty he was full of shit (as usual).

Quote from: Tamas on October 17, 2011, 02:47:18 AM
Misleading title of the decade!

Just because he played the role once in a questionable attempt at revival (and otherwise being a nobody) does not justify to call him "Spock". Nimoy still owns that brand.

Quote from: Viking on October 17, 2011, 01:56:34 AM
BTW, the REAL Spock is not gay, is on his second marriage and has two kids.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Considering those two's propensity for Spellus-like outbursts, that's quite tame. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

That is pretty lame rage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 17, 2011, 02:29:23 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on October 17, 2011, 01:48:29 PM
I respect actors who keep their lives private - Gary Oldman, for example, simply refuses to answer questions on his personal life.  But I don't think that's always possible, especially for young reasonably good looking ones who will be followed by the press - this means he can probably live his life reasonably comfortably and not worry about who could be photographing him.  Equally Ian McKellen-style gay activism doesn't bother me or change how I see his work.

Just a personal preference.  It doesn't "bother" me I just found I enjoy movies and shows more when I know as little about the actors as possible.

I, naturally, hope homosexual people can choose to be open or not be open as their preference dictates and do not feel compelled to keep their sexuality a secret to protect their careers.  Scientologists, on the other hand, must be discovered and publicly shamed.

I feel exactly the same way.  I have never really cared what an actor does in his real life (within limits.  He's probably shouldn't murder people), and I never pay attention to the entertainment news.  The only one I noticed was the Scientology ones because that often got reported in the real news.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habsburg

Drakken

I still can't get over learning that Richard Chamberlain is gay.

Viking

Quote from: Drakken on October 17, 2011, 07:07:09 PM
I still can't get over learning that Richard Chamberlain is gay.

I still can't get over living near San Fransisco from '81 to '86 and not knowing what homosexuality was or that AIDS was the Ghey Pox until after leaving the area.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 17, 2011, 02:44:31 PM
Another youngish actor that recently came out was the doctor from Firefly/Serenity (Sean Maher).  Where's his thread?! :mad:

My gaydar must be getting better because I figured he was from the beginning. I assumed he was out a long time ago and the Kaylee crush was a running joke. That's encouraging because I once worked with a lady who used to be a guy (had the operation)--It didn't even occur to me at all. I figured she was just an ugly chick who happened to look like John Cleese.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Siege

Quote from: Neil on October 17, 2011, 07:19:45 AM
If he knew Martinus existed, he'd turn back to normal.

Yes, gays are not normal.
Squaremind scores again.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Scipio

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 17, 2011, 02:44:31 PM
As soon as I saw this, I figured a Marti thread was coming.  Also, conveniently Marti "liked" Quinto on Facebook shortly after.  Another youngish actor that recently came out was the doctor from Firefly/Serenity (Sean Maher).  Where's his thread?! :mad:
He doesn't get one because he's a shit actor no one likes.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Viking

It's also interesting that Martinus didn't say

"Sylar is gay!"

in the thread title.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.