News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones Genesis

Started by Tamas, September 26, 2011, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

:lol: according to claims on the Wargamer, one dev said on the official forum that they can add town names, and another said they can't.

Tamas

I did read up on the forums, and it appears to be confirmed that they will have properly named towns and cities in a soon-to-arrive patch.

Well, nice that this elaborate feature will be included... I am now going to install my 'obtained' version and tell you all what you are ought to think about it.

Ed Anger

Quotetell you all what you are ought to think about it

Your record sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 10, 2011, 07:05:38 PM
Quotetell you all what you are ought to think about it

Your record sucks.

I like that they've won Tamas over now because a patch will include proper city names. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Your sarcasm meter is apparently broken, garbon.

I played the game for about 4 minutes.

3 major thoughts occured to me during that time:
-franctic clickfest in a new way, battling for influence with various tools and counter-tools, kudos for the devs for trying something new within this ultra-boring genre
-it has only marginally more AGOT feel to it then, say, Age of Empires 2
-no way I am going to put up with this franctic pace for a general medieval setting

I did browse the forum some more, and found a dev who claimed it was Martin who strongly opposed them using Westeros names for the characters in the game, or potentially fuckin' up his lore and map by using actual Westeros town names.

Josquius

I have certainly read that Martin is pretty set against fan fiction.
Perhaps this attitude could bleed over into games?
But...they did have the license.
██████
██████
██████