News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones Genesis

Started by Tamas, September 26, 2011, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

So EU3 is better? Is that EU3 Complete or EU3 complete?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

EU 3 is a lot better, but they're not really the same genre.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2011, 11:30:15 AM
I am sure there are people out there that will buy this on the strength of the title alone.

Called it.

Although no great feat there.

Tamas

QuoteAll right, there is some crazy shit in this game. You can capture enemy spies and assassins and imprison them in your feudal home. Then your opponent has to pay a ransom to you to free them. Or you can set them free on your own, to add points to the peace bar. Units that you hire, in your own freaking castle, may not actually be loyal to you. Because an opponent can infiltrate your feudal home with a spy, which then makes the next unit that you hire a double agent. If you don't marry your Great Lord quickly enough, he'll start producing Bastards, which are actual units on the map that your foes can use against you, if they find them. Or you can pay gold to recognize a bastard as your true heir. Having an alliance with a town lets you see stuff in its sight radius... unless it's actually a false alliance, in which case things might secretly still be hidden from you.

Why did they have to do this an RTS? Judging by what I read in that thread, and what I read on the official forums, it might just be a perfectly fine somewhat-themed strategy game buried under a not really applicable interface.

Habbaku

Later in the thread, by the same poster :

QuoteWe've got a combined three hours of experience between the two of us, and no one else has played it. There's a lot good here, but it could also suck really hard.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

The Brain

I'm shocked that Tampax splooged all over the hype and then the game sucks.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Habbaku

O MAN I PLYED FOR 5 MINS AND THS GM IS SO FIN OSSUM.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

:lol:

well, doh.

Don't blame me for wanting this to work. I would have already told you how it is, expect that it cannot be obtained yet :P

PS. I am ignoring The Brain because of his continued usage of that derogatory twist of my name

Habbaku

I wanted it to work as well, but the game seems to lack anything and everything that would make an RTS good.  Every complaint I've read says that the "War" phase lasts an obnoxiously short amount of time and that it is dull.  I've no desire to play capture-the-node only to transition to a segment of the game that doesn't matter.

Shame, really, but not entirely unexpected. Back to waiting for the RPG...

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Quotefidelity to the source material over pandering to a mainstream audience.

:lol:  Yes, with my "Feudal Home," I can see how it's true to the source material.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on October 01, 2011, 06:08:09 PM
Quotefidelity to the source material over pandering to a mainstream audience.

:lol:  Yes, with my "Feudal Home," I can see how it's true to the source material.

A few paragraphs later he does write that it is very puzzling why they did not name the towns if they had the license. Also it writes about sucky graphics and needlesly overwhelming gameplay.

Razgovory

Well, It's different then I thought it would be.  Though it does not appear to be good.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017