News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Game of Thrones Genesis

Started by Tamas, September 26, 2011, 11:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

....will be an unmitigated disaster I am afraid, which is a shame as they had some interesting ideas.

But 6 days from release, and no gameplay video, or a preview? The trailer they recently released is a tech demo at best, and not an impressive one.

Rather puzzling.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on September 26, 2011, 11:24:41 AM
Rather puzzling.

Getting a game out as fast as possible to take advantage of market buzz isnt so mysterious.  I am sure there are people out there that will buy this on the strength of the title alone.

The Brain

If only Paradox had made this game. :(
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2011, 11:30:15 AM
Rather puzzling.

Getting a game out as fast as possible to take advantage of market buzz isnt so mysterious.  I am sure there are people out there that will buy this on the strength of the title alone.

This has been in the works for quite a while now.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Tamas on September 26, 2011, 11:42:24 AM
Rather puzzling.

What does that have to do with trying to get the game out as fast as possible to take advantage of hype over the TV series and the lastest book?

Tamas

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 26, 2011, 01:21:33 PM
Quote from: Tamas on September 26, 2011, 11:42:24 AM
Rather puzzling.

What does that have to do with trying to get the game out as fast as possible to take advantage of hype over the TV series and the lastest book?

good point

Razgovory

I didn't think anyone made games for the Genesis anymore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Their stonewalling over putting up anything game-related rather than simple fluff like a crappy trailer is a sure indicator the game is going to be pretty mediocre.  Might be worth buying when it's $10 and patched, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Josquius

It is a shame, it was sounding potentially OK...but at the core it was a low budget TW clone and those never work out.
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

Quote from: Tyr on September 27, 2011, 12:34:55 AM
It is a shame, it was sounding potentially OK...but at the core it was a low budget TW clone and those never work out.

:huh:  The game's nothing like TW.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Richard Hakluyt

It is a French studio making this game it seems.

So the game will :

(a) be a bit weird
(b) have some intriguing ideas and concepts
(c) not work properly

:bowler:

Razgovory

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on September 27, 2011, 01:56:27 AM
It is a French studio making this game it seems.

So the game will :

(a) be a bit weird
(b) have some intriguing ideas and concepts
(c) not work properly

:bowler:

I've only played one French PC game that I can remember.  Arx Fatalis which I thought was fantastic.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Tamas

Cyanide also made Blood Bowl, which is great.

But I can't see how this one will not suck.

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 27, 2011, 02:08:43 AM
Cyanide also made Blood Bowl, which is great.

But I can't see how this one will not suck.

The trailer I saw didn't impress me.  It looked a bit like Rise of Nations, which I thought was only fair.