News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Great Beer Thread

Started by Lucidor, April 18, 2009, 04:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on October 11, 2011, 09:58:28 AM
I'm not sure it qualifies for this thread, but we don't have a "Languish Good Beer Thread" so...

Yuengling has signs & posters up all over the place announcing that it will be available November 1.  I've never seen such a big fuss made over a beer becoming available in a particular market.  It's good beer & takes me back to my college days, but this is over the top.

That said, I'll probably stop by Kroger 11/1 to pick up a 6-pack.
It's not bad, and many times the best choice on tap around here, but I agree that it's nothing particularly special.

MadImmortalMan

The trend of local breweries getting their product to the taps in their area seems to be catching on. I've noticed when I'm traveling I can usually find something locally or regionally brewed in the non-chain or small-chain pubs. Ichthyosaur Pale Ale has become nearly ubiquitous within a hundred miles of here. Five years ago, it began to be common to see Sam Adams on tap along with Bud and Coors. Now look at this.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 11, 2011, 12:25:15 PM
Had a Moose Drool whilst in Sacramento.  Not that impressed.

My brother loves it.  I liked it, but I got tired of drinking it when we were out at Yellowstone a few years ago & my brother decided to buy nothing but Moose Drool when he made a beer run.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

When I was in Denver a few weeks ago we stopped by the Great Divide tap room that adjoins their brewery.  Used to have unlimited free samples there, but they started charging $3 per beer, which is still a great deal.

I liked all variations on their Yeti, my obvious favorite being the Belgian Style.  Their Titan IPA was top notch, and Hercules Double IPA was also good.    Just wish I'd had more time before we had to move on to the next place.  Next time in Denver that is the first place I'm hitting.

http://www.greatdivide.com/#/taproom
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lucidor

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 11, 2011, 01:01:05 PM
The trend of local breweries getting their product to the taps in their area seems to be catching on. I've noticed when I'm traveling I can usually find something locally or regionally brewed in the non-chain or small-chain pubs. Ichthyosaur Pale Ale has become nearly ubiquitous within a hundred miles of here. Five years ago, it began to be common to see Sam Adams on tap along with Bud and Coors. Now look at this.
Makes travelling fun!

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 11, 2011, 01:01:05 PM
The trend of local breweries getting their product to the taps in their area seems to be catching on.

And thank goodness for that.