News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Languish Great Beer Thread

Started by Lucidor, April 18, 2009, 04:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucidor

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on April 04, 2011, 09:37:26 PM
You're not supposed to be able to get Guinness Foreign Extra in North America or Europe. For some reason, I stumbled upon some in a liquor store here that tends to carry harder to find things. I just had a sip for the first time in my life.  :D

It is a very good beer. Why can't they sell it everywhere?

katmai

They can Luci, it was stopped back in 1920 during prohibition, but back for sale since last oct.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: katmai on April 04, 2011, 09:41:30 PM

Uh pssst
QuoteTuesday, September 28th is National Drink Beer Day! As if you didn't already have reason to raise a pint, GUINNESS(r) Irish Stout is proud to announce its U.S. launch of GUINNESS(r) Foreign Extra Stout (FES) on October 1st.

I have a mancrush on you.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

I keep a magical sixpack of guinness in my fridge, as no matter how many i drink always have 5-6 beers left :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Quote from: katmai on April 05, 2011, 11:18:45 AM
I keep a magical sixpack of guinness in my fridge, as no matter how many i drink always have 5-6 beers left :P

Number 3 on the best reasons to have a wife. :p
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Its 27 degrees in my office. Now thanks to this thread I've been having daydreams about a tall frosty one in a beer garden  :mad:

MadImmortalMan

I have finished the Foreign Extra. It was: wonderful.  :)

MadImmortalMan

http://www.stonebrew.com/anniv/ale/

Just had some of this at a place called Helm's Alehouse in Tracy, CA. Oh fuck, this is the blackest beer ever, and it's an IPA. No light gets through, and the head is a deep mahogany color. Ten-point-something percent alcohol. Jesus, that was wonderful.

Scipio

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 15, 2011, 08:20:41 PM
http://www.stonebrew.com/anniv/ale/

Just had some of this at a place called Helm's Alehouse in Tracy, CA. Oh fuck, this is the blackest beer ever, and it's an IPA. No light gets through, and the head is a deep mahogany color. Ten-point-something percent alcohol. Jesus, that was wonderful.

That's a good 'un, it is.  Had it this past weekend.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

MadImmortalMan

OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale

This is an aggressive beer. You probably won't like it. It is quite doubtful that you have the taste or sophistication to be able to appreciate an ale of this quality and depth. We would suggest that you stick to safer and more familiar territory --- maybe something with a multi-million dollar ad campaign aimed at convincing you it's made in a little brewery, or one that implies that their tasteless fizzy yellow beer will give you more sex appeal. Perhaps you think multi-million dollar ad campaigns make a beer taste better. Perhaps you're mouthing your words as you read this.

Too many strive towards complacency as a goal. We grow up thinking that the ability to become complacent is the equivalence of success in life. True Arrogant Bastards know that this could not be further from the truth. The real beauty, richness and depth in life can only be found if the journey through life itself is looked upon as a constant chance to learn, live and find life's passion. Passion threatens the complacent, and fills them with fear. Fear of the new, the deep and the different. We, on the other hand, seek it out. Endlessly, joyously...and aggressively. To this end we bring you the "OAKED Arrogant Bastard Ale." Another reward for those seeking new sources of passion, and another point of dissension for those who are not.

That's on the back of the bottle.

PDH

I have an Arrogant Bastard T-Shirt.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Lucidor

The Oaked Arrogant Bastard was a good one. Getting some Rip Tide from Brewdog today. A great Scottish Imperial Stout.

derspiess

I'm not sure it qualifies for this thread, but we don't have a "Languish Good Beer Thread" so...

Yuengling has signs & posters up all over the place announcing that it will be available November 1.  I've never seen such a big fuss made over a beer becoming available in a particular market.  It's good beer & takes me back to my college days, but this is over the top.

That said, I'll probably stop by Kroger 11/1 to pick up a 6-pack. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Had a Moose Drool whilst in Sacramento.  Not that impressed.