News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 5

Started by MadBurgerMaker, October 06, 2011, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

CK's "Thank you notes"

Thank you Giants, for making the Seahawks look like a pro football team.

Admiral Yi

Anyone else think the NFL is having an off year?  None of the up and coming QBs has really caught fire yet and it seems like there's a lot of mediocrity out there right now.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2011, 04:43:32 PM
Anyone else think the NFL is having an off year?  None of the up and coming QBs has really caught fire yet and it seems like there's a lot of mediocrity out there right now.
Newton?  Fitzpatrick?  Stafford?

There's a lot of mediocrity every year in the NFL.  The lockout has probably put some teams back, but a lot of things are trends that have been going from last year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

MadBurgerMaker

I'm no Patriots fan or anything, but I'm a little unsure why they didn't just call Branch down as soon as he was touched, being on his knees and all, and before he fumbled.

Neil

Tebow is playing, so I would say that the Broncos season is officially over.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2011, 05:28:55 PM
Poor Orton.  Hooray for the idiots in charge though.  Now the Raiders are pretty much guaranteed another win. :cool:
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Neil

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on October 09, 2011, 05:41:31 PM
Quote from: Neil on October 09, 2011, 05:28:55 PM
Poor Orton.  Hooray for the idiots in charge though.  Now the Raiders are pretty much guaranteed another win. :cool:
It's not too late to trade Orton to the Dolphins.

Admiral Yi

If San Diego holds on I only need Green Bay to cover to hit my trifecta. :yeah:

Sophie Scholl

Tebow scores a TD via a qb keeper.  I'm loving it.  Now all the Tebowtards will demand he stay in as qb, despite him only having one completion so far for 0 yards and numerous botched snaps and underthrown passes.  Muahaha
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2011, 04:43:32 PM

I'm pretty happy with it so far.  And to add to Neil's reply, there's more to football than QBs.

It looks like my brother may re-hire a guy he found a job for in Denver, so I'll retire with a winning (2-1) road record.  I'll be happy to have some of my Saturdays-Sundays back, though I wouldn't mind making the Seattle trip.

I think I'll be doing the coaches box video printer for the next home game, but after that I'll be moving back to my cake job on the sideline.

I got to see The Duff today :worthy:

And I got to see what has to be the Jags punter's last game :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

Quote from: sbr on October 08, 2011, 09:17:56 PM
10/9 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -2 Kansas City
10/9 1:00 ET At Minnesota -3 Arizona

10/9 1:00 ET Philadelphia -3 At Buffalo
10/9 1:00 ET At Houston -5 Oakland
10/9 1:00 ET New Orleans -6.5 At Carolina

10/9 1:00 ET Cincinnati -1 At Jacksonville
10/9 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh -3 Tennessee
10/9 1:00 ET At NY Giants -9.5 Seattle
10/9 4:05 ET At San Francisco -3 Tampa Bay

10/9 4:15 ET At New England -7.5 NY Jets
10/9 4:15 ET San Diego -3.5 At Denver

Oops

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on October 09, 2011, 06:32:03 PM
Oops

I don't know what you were thinking with that Indy pick.  They're a really bad team right now.

sbr

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 09, 2011, 06:35:32 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 09, 2011, 06:32:03 PM
Oops

I don't know what you were thinking with that Indy pick.  They're a really bad team right now.

Have you seen KC play?

The Colts look decent last week, they were at home and I figured Painter would be able to pull it out with another week of experience.

derspiess

Painter and Garcon both had great fantasy stats.  Both are on my LFFL team-- but I benched both.  Cost me a bunch of points.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on October 09, 2011, 06:37:12 PM
Have you seen KC play?

The Colts look decent last week, they were at home and I figured Painter would be able to pull it out with another week of experience.

I've seen a little bit of KC.  They looked like a very standard bottom half of the league team to me.

Whereas the little bit of the Colts I saw last week made me think they have a decent recieving corps, two speed DEs that can't really stop the run, and absolutely nothing else.  Painter was missing everything while I was watching.