And we're back!

Main Menu

NFL Week 5

Started by MadBurgerMaker, October 06, 2011, 12:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: Neil on October 08, 2011, 09:43:17 AM
Al Davis is dead.

Well, he was looking like a lich already, so . . .
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

jimmy olsen

Al Davis is dead.
He's running a 4.24 forty yard dash somewhere :cry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Jobs, Davis, I wonder who number 3 will be.  We need to start a Dead Pool.

Neil

Quote from: Syt on October 08, 2011, 10:12:56 AM
Al Davis is dead.

Well, he was looking like a lich already, so . . .
Well, his health was poor, but that party of 15th-level adventurers that looted his crypt last night was just too much for him.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on October 06, 2011, 03:25:35 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 06, 2011, 01:04:00 PM
Looks like Jacksonville is favored by 1 point over the Bengals.  Jacksonville is bad, but I guess the oddsmakers are expecting the Bengals to be the Bengals :ph34r:

Can you post the full set of lines?

Best I can do right now is link you:

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/odds.aspx

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Damn with Davis dead, the Raiders are probably a lock for the Super bowl.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

10/9 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -2 Kansas City
10/9 1:00 ET At Minnesota -3 Arizona
10/9 1:00 ET Philadelphia -3 At Buffalo
10/9 1:00 ET At Houston -5 Oakland
10/9 1:00 ET New Orleans -6.5 At Carolina
10/9 1:00 ET Cincinnati -1 At Jacksonville
10/9 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh -3 Tennessee
10/9 1:00 ET At NY Giants -9.5 Seattle
10/9 4:05 ET At San Francisco -3 Tampa Bay
10/9 4:15 ET At New England -7.5 NY Jets
10/9 4:15 ET San Diego -3.5 At Denver
10/9 8:30 ET Green Bay -5.5 At Atlanta

Monday Night Football Point Spread

10/10 8:35 ET At Detroit -5 Chicago

Looks like the Bengalis are giving the point Speesh.

sbr

10/9 1:00 ET At Indianapolis -2 Kansas City
10/9 1:00 ET At Minnesota -3 Arizona
10/9 1:00 ET Philadelphia -3 At Buffalo
10/9 1:00 ET At Houston -5 Oakland
10/9 1:00 ET New Orleans -6.5 At Carolina
10/9 1:00 ET Cincinnati -1 At Jacksonville
10/9 1:00 ET At Pittsburgh -3 Tennessee
10/9 1:00 ET At NY Giants -9.5 Seattle
10/9 4:05 ET At San Francisco -3 Tampa Bay
10/9 4:15 ET At New England -7.5 NY Jets
10/9 4:15 ET San Diego -3.5 At Denver
10/9 8:30 ET Green Bay -5.5 At Atlanta

Monday Night Football Point Spread

10/10 8:35 ET At Detroit -5 Chicago

MadBurgerMaker

The Texans really need to win this one with games @Baltimore and @Tennessee coming up.   

Admiral Yi

The San Diego and Green Bay lines look like easy money.  I also think Shittsburg is going to bounce back and cover.

Razgovory

I feel sorry for my Dad.  He's from St. Louis and he was overjoyed when the Rams came.  He had pretty much given up on the NFL after the Cards went to Phoenix.  And when the Ram first played, they weren't bad.  They even won the Superbowl back in 1999.  Now look at them.  Every time they play it just tortures him.  On Sunday I'll ask him, "Are the Rams playing?", and he responds, "Well, there's a game, and they are there, but they aren't really playing".  I wonder if they will win more games then they lose this year.   I wonder if they will win any games.  There was that one season two years ago where they won only one game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 09:27:05 PM
The San Diego and Green Bay lines look like easy money.  I also think Shittsburg is going to bounce back and cover.
I don't know.  If the Steelers can't pressure the QB, they can't win.  The Titans line is actually pretty good, and the Steelers are missing some firepower on defence lately.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 08, 2011, 10:53:52 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 08, 2011, 09:27:05 PM
I don't know.  If the Steelers can't pressure the QB, they can't win.  The Titans line is actually pretty good, and the Steelers are missing some firepower on defence lately.

The Steelers can't stop the run and are playing against Chris Johnson.

The Steelers' O-Line is horrible and the Titans are very good against the run.  Also Mendenhall isn't supposed to play.

The rapist is going to have to win this one on his own.

Neil

Chris Johnson hasn't impressed me so far.

sbr

Quote from: Neil on October 08, 2011, 11:47:53 PM
Chris Johnson hasn't impressed me so far.

This year or in general?  He hasn't done a whole lot this year outside of last week but he has shown that he is a very good back.  I will be surprised if he doesn't go for 100 yards tomorrow.