News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

I've purchased Civ V

Started by Darth Wagtaros, October 05, 2011, 08:17:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

I thought the back room got deleted?  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: dps on October 06, 2011, 04:23:41 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on October 05, 2011, 08:17:26 PM
I'm downloading it now. Recommend mods, settings, and styles of play that will entertain me.  I've taken tomorrow off so as to play further.

You've got backroom access, why isn't this thread there?  Any thread about something this sad should be posted there with a "rocks" tag.

Josquius

Civ 5 isn`t so bad. It is a fun game. It has its annoying weird points but it certainly eats a few days.

Mods I`ve no idea, have only played vanilla.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on October 06, 2011, 05:16:53 PM
I'm downloading it now. Recommend mods, settings, and styles of play that will entertain me.  I've taken tomorrow off so as to play further.

You've got backroom access, why isn't this thread there?  Any thread about something this sad should be posted there with a "rocks" tag.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O8tt9Ir6VZE/Swfca3fT7UI/AAAAAAAAAMU/nSr50Angef4/s1600/Groin.jpg

I think I'd say the same of anyone who took a day off with the expressed goal of playing a video game.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 06, 2011, 04:49:46 PM
I thought the back room got deleted?  :huh:

I wouldn't know; I lost access in the server brouhaha. :weep:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: garbon on October 06, 2011, 07:37:36 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 06, 2011, 05:16:53 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_O8tt9Ir6VZE/Swfca3fT7UI/AAAAAAAAAMU/nSr50Angef4/s1600/Groin.jpg

I think I'd say the same of anyone who took a day off with the expressed goal of playing a video game.
I took the day off Just Because, not to play a video game.  I had 180 hours of PTO and felt like burning a day's worth. 

I played for about an hour, not a lot happened. I'm beginning to regret you people talking me into buying it.
PDH!

DGuller

:mad: I have 180 hours less than that left.  :(

BuddhaRhubarb

my computer is too old for civ 5. I haven't played 4 in a few months. ah well.
:p

crazy canuck

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 07, 2011, 12:58:29 PM

The good news this is not the reason to upgrade your computer

Habbaku

Quote from: crazy canuck on October 07, 2011, 01:41:49 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on October 07, 2011, 12:58:29 PM

The good news this is not the reason to upgrade your computer

:contract:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

To be fair, the game is significantly better than when it was released.  But the AI is still horrendous, it's too easy to win on any difficulty and it just lacks a certain spark of fun.

I still maintain that MP might be salvageable.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

I would say that the game, especially in its latest iteration, is still plenty playable, and as addictive as other Civ titles.  It would be nice, though, if AI wasn't utterly incapable of figuring out the combat tactics.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Not only have I not bought Civ V, I've uninstalled Civ IV and Civ III.  Still play Civ II, though.