4 Idiots Who Show Up Wherever Religion Is Discussed Online

Started by Solmyr, October 04, 2011, 06:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ideologue on October 04, 2011, 06:16:38 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2011, 06:03:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 04, 2011, 04:50:18 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 04, 2011, 04:39:51 PM
Then we need a 6th kind, the "Can't we just get along" guy who thinks he is like Nelson Mandela but really is like Rodney King.

We have never had and will will never have a "Cant we all just get along" type on Languish.

:lol: I was thinking the same.

Jacob.

I don't know about that. He has fangs, but keeps them hidden.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2011, 06:54:13 PM
:yes: Jacob's no pussy, he just saves up his bile for when it's really needed.

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2011, 06:14:27 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 04, 2011, 06:09:13 PM
I'd say both of you fall into that category since your basic stand on discussion of religion here is that we shouldn't say nasty true things about other people religions since that is not nice and we should just let people have their own silly fairy tales.

I find that really strange since you could just ignore the thread and let those of use who want to be nasty about other people religious positions get on with it.

Nah, I never have any trouble saying nasty things to you.  :D

But seriously - I just poke fun of stupidity where I find it. There aren't many, or indeed any, particularly stupid people posting religious dribble here, since Mishka left.

The closest is Siege, but he doesn't try to convert anyone.  I'm not sure if he even believes in an after life so he's not likely one to say we are all going to hell.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 04, 2011, 06:55:37 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 04, 2011, 06:54:13 PM
:yes: Jacob's no pussy, he just saves up his bile for when it's really needed.

I can respect that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Neil

Quote from: Viking on October 04, 2011, 06:09:13 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2011, 06:03:52 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 04, 2011, 04:50:18 PM
Quote from: Viking on October 04, 2011, 04:39:51 PM
Then we need a 6th kind, the "Can't we just get along" guy who thinks he is like Nelson Mandela but really is like Rodney King.

We have never had and will will never have a "Cant we all just get along" type on Languish.

:lol: I was thinking the same.
I'd say both of you fall into that category since your basic stand on discussion of religion here is that we shouldn't say nasty true things about other people religions since that is not nice and we should just let people have their own silly fairy tales.

I find that really strange since you could just ignore the thread and let those of use who want to be nasty about other people religious positions get on with it.
They're just taking a pragmatic position against your socially-damaging nonsense.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Live like a khan of old in Vancouver.  Of all Languishites, it is he I am most jealous of.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on October 04, 2011, 08:10:42 PM
Live like a khan of old in Vancouver.  Of all Languishites, it is he I am most jealous of.

What about me?

Siege

Fuck man, I am losing my reputation here in languish.
You are underestimating my dedication to my hatred of Islam.
All the sacrifices I have made, and all the ones I make every single day for one more chance to make a diference, killing muslims.
Do you think is easy to be an infantryman at age 40?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ideologue

Quote from: Razgovory on October 04, 2011, 08:19:33 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 04, 2011, 08:10:42 PM

What about me?

I am impressed with your skillful one-liners, but I am also been known to employ zinger or two in my time.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Siege on October 04, 2011, 08:21:03 PM
All the sacrifices I have made, and all the ones I make every single day for one more chance to make a diference, killing muslims.

Might find out. : /

I'm too old for the AF.  Is it just me, or is that completely ass-backwards?
Kinemalogue

HisMajestyBOB

Who the fuck are you? :huh:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

If muslims and arabs stopped trying to destroy Israel, if the all left Israel (even the arab citizens) and agreed to make peace with Israel granting Israel the entire Palestine mandate (Israel + Gaza + Jerusalem + West Bank + Sykes-Picot Strip in Golan) and agree to live in true peace and partnership with Israel.

If all the above conditions were met to your satisfaction would you have any reason to hate Islam?

None of that matters to me with regards to Islam. I am generally pro-Israel because I think Israel behaves much better and actually tries to follow international law and the laws and customs of war. However, as long as Islam continues to claim to be revealed truth with divine command ethics supporting the occasionalist view of cause and effect I will remain it's enemy.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Your hatred of Islam doesn't stem from their failure to accept Judaism.  You hate them because you perceive them to be threat to your life, the lives of your family and the existence to your country.  You hate them because Muslims try to kill you in your professional life.  For instance, you've never expressed hatred for Christians or Buddhists.  I don't approve of this, but I can accept it.  I realize I might be the same way in your position.