News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ADHD or Victoria 2 Gets an Expansion

Started by Habbaku, October 02, 2011, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 06, 2011, 02:37:05 PM

There were also Unionist holdouts in the South. Not very many IIRC.

East Tennessee was.  In most of the South they weren't very vocal because of the confederate policy of brutally murdering anyone who disagreed with them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Gaius Marius on October 06, 2011, 12:46:12 PM
They were mainly showing that there are new mapmode buttons, scenario is nowhere near in finished form. CSA will not be so westward in future. 

Ah good.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Valmy on October 06, 2011, 04:55:03 PM

Ah good.

Myself and other betas report map setup errors whenever we find them, 1861 will be an accurate setup of the world (within the existing nation tags)
First Man in Rome

garbon

They were mainly showing that there are new mapmode buttons, scenario is nowhere near in finished form. CSA will not be so westward in future. 

Ah good.

Yes, listen to one of P'dox's amateur mouthpieces.  He said that they were mainly showing the new mapmode buttons - the same ones that they didn't even have new graphics for and the map was glitched with a few floating images.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on October 07, 2011, 02:47:59 PM

Ah good.

Yes, listen to one of P'dox's amateur mouthpieces.  He said that they were mainly showing the new mapmode buttons - the same ones that they didn't even have new graphics for and the map was glitched with a few floating images.

Even to the extent that what he says is accurate, the beta-testers reporting map errors is a different thing than Paradox actually fixing them after they're reported.  Rumor has it that a lot of the map problems in past games were caught by the beta-testers, but their reports were ignored.  Not just map problems, but those really stick out because unlike such things as balance or stability, the map is the same no matter what your ability as a player or the specifics of your computer.

AnchorClanker

Please quit building sailing ship factories in 1890.  I'd prefer liquor or something else please.   :mad:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Fireblade

I hope they get rid of that stupid feature where you can only seize an entire state, not just one province. That shit makes my borders look ugly.  :mad:

Razgovory

Quote from: Fireblade on October 08, 2011, 10:12:50 AM
I hope they get rid of that stupid feature where you can only seize an entire state, not just one province. That shit makes my borders look ugly.  :mad:

That sounds better then what it was in first game where AI would give you all the provinces of the state except the one with the capital in it.  That was really annoying.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

DGuller

On the list of game-breaking annoying stuff in Vicky 2, this one doesn't break the top 100.

Gaius Marius

Quote from: garbon on October 07, 2011, 02:47:59 PM

Considering that you've spoken with me on MSN before, I find the allegation of being some kinda spokesperson for anyone but my own self and opinions to be a stupid one on your part.
First Man in Rome

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2011, 10:50:53 PM
Why were you guys speaking on MSN?

He mistyped. We were actually speaking to the MSM. :ph34r:

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: AnchorClanker on October 07, 2011, 04:11:23 PM
Please quit building sailing ship factories in 1890.  I'd prefer liquor or something else please.   :mad:

Agreed, nothing worse than a sober sailor.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Gaius Marius

Quote from: Razgovory on October 06, 2011, 03:21:57 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 06, 2011, 02:37:05 PM

There were also Unionist holdouts in the South. Not very many IIRC.

East Tennessee was.  In most of the South they weren't very vocal because of the confederate policy of brutally murdering anyone who disagreed with them.

ET and West Virginia were the big places. Worth noting that eventually union regiments were formed from every southern state except SC, if what I recall reading somewhere was correct. Not sure if most of them woulda been black regiments though.
First Man in Rome