News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

ADHD or Victoria 2 Gets an Expansion

Started by Habbaku, October 02, 2011, 07:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

If those corny "jokes" are anything to go by. -_-

Also, I like that they picked screenshots that show a bugged feature. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Arizona, New Mexico and Border States WTF?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2011, 07:15:48 PM

It's amateur hour over at Paradox of late.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

DGuller

No need for snide remarks.  You can't have a finished game without a third expansion pack, and you can't have a third expansion pack without a first expansion pack.  Let's give these guys a chance.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on October 02, 2011, 07:15:48 PM

Yeah, the first comment was "You broke the minimap?"  I find that statement hilariously incredulous.  I'll buy this when I buy the rest of Victoria II.  After they released the complete pack + 1.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Viking

I would have preferred

Victoria II: Workers of the World - Unite!

which improves pop mechanics and promotions

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Faeelin

Quote from: Viking on October 02, 2011, 08:11:20 PM
I would have preferred

Victoria II: Workers of the World - Unite!

which improves pop mechanics and promotions

Who was it who got a warning with me for pointing out that this would only make everything worse? I think Dguller.

DGuller

I got a warning for sticking up for some Languishite.  I don't remember what the issue was, though.

Viking

Quote from: DGuller on October 02, 2011, 09:52:08 PM
I got a warning for sticking up for some Languishite.  I don't remember what the issue was, though.

I got banned from a thread for using the word "Balkantard". So, the standard for suppression is pretty low.

Razgovory

Quote from: Viking on October 02, 2011, 09:54:04 PM

I got banned from a thread for using the word "Balkantard". So, the standard for suppression is pretty low.

I think that term is in the Oxford English Dictionary.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Viking

Quote from: Razgovory on October 03, 2011, 01:13:51 AM

I googled Balkantard and the top 4/5 hits in Google were either Languish or Paradox.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Viking on October 03, 2011, 01:27:28 AM

I googled Balkantard and the top 4/5 hits in Google were either Languish or Paradox.

Quote from: Google's first result
Gunman kills five plus self in Finland
languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3327.15
9 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Jan 2, 2010
But yeah, funny how killing people over domestic disputes/"family honor" seems to be a Muslim Balkantard trait. Tell me why Kosovo should be ...
Morgan Freeman shall win the Oscars!‎ - 4 posts - Mar 7, 2010
Russian backed coup underway in Georgia‎ - 15 posts - May 5, 2009

More results from languish.org »

:lmfao:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

We are ahead of the curve then.

Tamas

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on October 03, 2011, 01:30:20 AM

Quote from: Google's first result
Gunman kills five plus self in Finland
languish.org/forums/index.php?topic=3327.15
9 posts - 6 authors - Last post: Jan 2, 2010
But yeah, funny how killing people over domestic disputes/"family honor" seems to be a Muslim Balkantard trait. Tell me why Kosovo should be ...
Morgan Freeman shall win the Oscars!‎ - 4 posts - Mar 7, 2010
Russian backed coup underway in Georgia‎ - 15 posts - May 5, 2009

More results from languish.org »

:lmfao:

we are awesome!  :lol: